question about a rule

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
catla

question about a rule

Post by catla »

when you play a dragon, what happens if the other player have none essence in his stock?
It was my case; my opponent had put all his essences on catacombs... so my earth dragon had no effect
I thing that is not a good rule...
i thing that at least he would had lost one essence... not 4 like if it was in his reserve but at least 1 on his card

What do you think about that?
This case was not imagined by the author.... or the solution not clearly explain....
Evo Master

Re: question about a rule

Post by Evo Master »

The rules say lose as much as possible. You might not like the rule but removing essences from cards would break the game balance. Play another game or in real life with your house rules if you don't like it.
catla

Post by catla »

don't be so aggressive please ;-)
you could have give me a kinder response
I like this game even if i loose a lot

I haven't read anywhere "The rules say lose as much as possible. " but i will continue to play like you say (i suppose you are a master in this game)

When i played with my friends at home on real : this issue has been raised.

And because I was in front of it today, i asked the question to play well
and and i took the opportunity to give my point of view
But i saw that was not a good idea... sorry

excuse my english : i am french
Evo Master

Post by Evo Master »

Rules, page 7, Life Loss: "For each Life essence a rival does not have, they must instead, *if possible*, lose any 2 other essences in their pool (including gold)."
Pay attention to the if possible part.

Sorry if it came a bit aggressive but everybody tries to tweak games and there is a reason the game is designed this way.
Next time you might be able to get better responses on BGG under game forum.
Wolfjäger

Post by Wolfjäger »

The claim "This case was not imagined by the author" is quite uninformed on the game designer's knowledge. The rules say precisely that resources on Artifacts/Places of Power are protected from attacks. Think about Infernal Engine first power, protecting resources, it would have even less interest if they could still be targeted by attacks.

Against "low resource" Catacombs, attacks need to be well timed, in order to affect the resources needed by Reanimate powers. Once placed on Catacombs, however, the points are safe.

Return to “Res Arcana”