Frustration

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Pumpakärnor

Frustration

Post by Pumpakärnor »

Considering to stop playing Catan. It makes me frustrated and too often gives me the feeling of playing handcoved and/or gagged. Waiting for ages before any action is possible and when it finally is, a robber comes along. Just not fun when this state of paralysation occurs too often :(
Stroom

Re: Frustration

Post by Stroom »

This is what Catan is like. It's a relatively old game.
Earthboundia

Post by Earthboundia »

On it's own that isn't the biggest issue. But with most Catan games taking about an hour it can definitely start to feel like you are wasting your time with no moves to play. And of course you can't just quit (without a penalty) nor can you be AFK because you have to deal with every trade offer made not on your turn.
Kavorka

Post by Kavorka »

Try turn based Catan rather than live. Iv found the "frustrating situations" to be much more palatable for some reason.
TheSmolDog

Post by TheSmolDog »

Earthboundia wrote: 20 August 2022, 16:40 On it's own that isn't the biggest issue. But with most Catan games taking about an hour it can definitely start to feel like you are wasting your time with no moves to play. And of course you can't just quit (without a penalty) nor can you be AFK because you have to deal with every trade offer made not on your turn.
there is an auto refuse offers button :)
Spicy

Post by Spicy »

I hate the robber. It would be amazing if we could at least get the "Friendly Robber" option.
MrBeardy

Post by MrBeardy »

There is a bug report where you can vote for that to be added. Please add your support!

Return to “Catan”