Ability to open a game up to Friends

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
Kwaggle

Ability to open a game up to Friends

Post by Kwaggle »

It would be great if I could specify an desired amount of players for a turn based game and open it up to all my friends (on my friends list) to see who both would like to and had time to play it.
cigma

Re: Ability to open a game up to Friends

Post by cigma »

When you open a game, there is a link (in a small blue font) next to the number of players to restrict the table (e. g. to your friends).

But how will they know? Only if they happen to look for open tables in this game. If you want them to get a notification, you need to invite them personally (link under the "seats" of the table).
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
Kwaggle

Post by Kwaggle »

I guess that's my ask them - I'd like all my friends to receive an invite so that the ones who have time / interest can join in rather than me directly / specifically inviting them on the off chance that they have time / interest.
cigma

Post by cigma »

#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
Davebo

Post by Davebo »

+1 to this. The means to notify multiple friends, and make it first come, first served is clunky (I restrict access to my friends, and email a link). Of course, this is most likely when you're playing async.

The new changes to launching new games makes the above process not work, which is frustrating.

95% of my games are async, against my friends. And, WHICH of my friends chose to play is based on their own personal interest in playing, and that they accepted while there was still space in the game.

I would love to be able to launch a game with, say, 4 players available. I would like to invite and restrict to all of the members of a group, and they all get notified. The game would auto start once we hit 4, or I could choose "go" if there was only 3, for instance.

Return to “Suggestions”