Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
RicardoRix

Re: WARNING: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban

Post by RicardoRix »

PerfectPlayer wrote: 30 September 2022, 16:52
RicardoRix wrote: 30 September 2022, 00:17 Play 10 games before a new user account can post to the forums?
Yes, that is the real issue here. :roll:
Says the person with only 1 played game. Who exactly are you really?
PerfectPlayer

Post by PerfectPlayer »

RicardoRix wrote: 30 September 2022, 17:00
PerfectPlayer wrote: 30 September 2022, 16:52
RicardoRix wrote: 30 September 2022, 00:17 Play 10 games before a new user account can post to the forums?
Yes, that is the real issue here. :roll:
Says the person with only 1 played game. Who exactly are you really?
Someone who wishes to avoid this happening for giving respectful criticism.
DontBan wrote: 19 September 2022, 15:52 *Moderator edit: post is being deleted and player moderated
ExpendableEnsign wrote: 18 September 2022, 06:48 *Moderator edit: Post removed and player moderated
Special_Snowflake wrote: 29 September 2022, 14:57 *moderated
Pushkiin wrote: 29 September 2022, 14:24 ### moderated and banned ####
IronyFtw wrote: 29 September 2022, 15:06 ###### moderated and banned ##########
IronyFtw wrote: 29 September 2022, 08:40
monkeyml wrote: 29 September 2022, 08:04 #### moderated #####
However sad it is, it's best to just create another account to be able to speak without having to fear "repercussions".

MOD EDIT: well, as you can see, yes there are :)
monkeyml wrote: 29 September 2022, 08:04 ### moderated and banned ####
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

BGA has rules.
Did you read their initial post?
PerfectPlayer

Post by PerfectPlayer »

RicardoRix wrote: 30 September 2022, 17:20 BGA has rules.
Did you read their initial post?
BGA sometimes has trouble distinguishing factual criticism from insults. The fact this is paired to an instant global 30 days ban makes it difficult to provide constructive criticism, as many people in the thread have noticed.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Well, I guess you're just going to have to live with the result, as specified in the initial post.

There are many posts (mine included) with constructive criticism that haven't been removed. We can only speculate to why those posts were removed. And it's a shame if they got banned for no reason, but it's BGA's forum and rules, so it's up to them where they draw the line.
ManonIronteeth

Post by ManonIronteeth »

I agree that there needs to at least be an email saying the appeal is closed. I was moderated once and I refused to hit the “Accept and Agree” because I didn’t agree. I eventually had to click it when it had been a few days without a reply on my appeal and I wanted to play again. I’ll accept the moderation to play again but I won’t agree with it because to this day I don’t think what I said in the chat broke any rules.
KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 »

sourisdudesert wrote: 02 September 2022, 09:03
Test_Account5 wrote: 01 September 2022, 21:45
sourisdudesert wrote: 18 August 2022, 09:56
  • Note the URL of the moderation report
  • Contact us though BGA Support page, choosing "Contest a moderation" category
  • We have a public Moderation Policy, so you must explain why the moderators did not respect the moderation policy. Example: for my fault, I should have received penalty X instead of penalty Y.
And how exactly do you do this if you got unjustly banned?
You shoud still have access to the Support forum.
This is not the case.

So, after my ban has expired, I now get access to the report number I should have used to appeal it. Fantastic.
Moderation report wrote: Moderation is done by the BGA community itself.

The following page explains what is forbidden on BGA and our moderation policy:

https://en.doc.boardgamearena.com/Moderationpolicy

If your moderation does not match the BGA moderation policy:

- Note the following reference (report URL): http://boardgamearena.com/report?id=XXXXXX&player=XXXXX

- Contact us though Support below, choosing "Contest a moderation" category

- explain why the moderators decision does not respect the moderation policy.

Note that if you are contesting a right decision, we will give you another (more severe) penalty.

We ignore all requests that do not follow these instructions.
It didn't stop me from filing a thorough appeal, but it was ignored either way.
voriki

Post by voriki »

Bottom line is, it is not so much that all people want to contest a moderation, but many just want an explanation. But we are all treated the same nonetheless.

While people asking for INFORMATION(again, not contest it, not appeal it), but really asking for guidance how not to repeat the same infractions, or asking why a certain choice was made. Don't those people at least deserve a response here?
La-renarde-rusée

Post by La-renarde-rusée »

however, after several emails, I have never had the slightest answer, not the slightest, from you.... you cannot moderate people without answering them, people have the right to express themselves, I find it's crazy your repression...
voriki

Post by voriki »

voriki wrote: 12 October 2022, 02:23 Bottom line is, it is not so much that all people want to contest a moderation, but many just want an explanation. But we are all treated the same nonetheless.

While people asking for INFORMATION(again, not contest it, not appeal it), but really asking for guidance how not to repeat the same infractions, or asking why a certain choice was made. Don't those people at least deserve a response here?
Dear BGA, I have changed my mind.
report?id=75694&player=88603665
I am hereby officialy challenging my moderation in this forum.

Now there are 3 ways we can go forth.
1. You actually ban me for 10 days, without explaining me AT ALL what I did wrong, thus punishing me a 2nd time without explanation.
1a. when you do, you will notice I renewed my premium very recently. Kindly refund my amount and revert me back to a standard account.
2. you ignore this forum message, life continues and I will continue sending e-mail reminders
3. You open a SHORT dialog, quote me what I said wrong, I will agree and thank you for providing me the quote in question and accept my initial moderation, and have finally learned from my mistake.

EDIT on 27/10: 1 week passed and I'm still not banned. Looks like BGA opted for a number 2.

EDIT on 02/11: Still nothing, no ban, no response.

EDIT on 08/11: well, no news seemingly. I am still challenging my moderation on this forum.

EDIT on 14/11: "Yesterday I robbed the oversized board game store. It was a huge Risk that I was willing to take."

EDIT on 19/11: What kind of exercise do lazy people do? Diddly-squats.

EDIT on 26/11: Fiddlesticks

EDIT on 29/11: I am still challenging my moderation, and I am still on the forum, and have also not been banned for 10 days so far.

Edit on 04/12: Dear Santa, for Christmas I would like a new eScooter, a big heap of chocolate and and explanation to my moderation.

Edit on 07/12: whoops, I made a typo in the previous date, fixed

Edit on 16/12: guess the edits aren't waking up anyone. You know what, on 25/12 I will put a fresh new comment within this thread. And on 01/01 I may take into consideration - still undecided - start a fresh new post. As BGA is ignoring the elephant in the room, banning me for 10 days requires an explanation of the moderation.

Return to “Discussions”