Viticulture Essential Edition is now on Beta

Hot and crispy games just out of the oven
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Ehrine

Re: Viticulture Essential Edition is now on Beta

Post by Ehrine »

Alucard648 wrote: 22 September 2022, 02:07 Publisher, apparently, revoked license after seeing low popularity of the base game.
I'd love to know your source for that as I've not seen Jamie make that comment anywhere.
lostrom1

Post by lostrom1 »

Yes, same here. Never heard about that.
Also not sure if the game is performing that badly. Looks pretty okay from outside.
mengkeYang

Post by mengkeYang »

Hope the expansion come soon... Btw, if I want to help to develop the game, what need I do?
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

mengkeYang wrote: 02 October 2022, 10:22 Hope the expansion come soon... Btw, if I want to help to develop the game, what need I do?
Probably nothing, but you can try asking the developper if he need some help (only in the case where license is granted ofc, which i am not sure)
kolszewska

Post by kolszewska »

it's such a great game and awesome implementation on BGA. I also am wondering about plans for Tuscany expansion though... is it in the works?
Alucard648

Post by Alucard648 »

*moderator edit: comment removed
Ehrine

Post by Ehrine »

Alucard648 wrote: 07 February 2023, 11:38 Publisher, apparently, revoked license after seeing low popularity of the base game.
I'm going to say it again, please stop posting unsubstantiated claims that are certainly not backed up by anything I have seen Jamie (the publisher) say anywhere. If you have any evidence to back up your claim, please provide a link to it, otherwise it just looks like something you've made up.
If anything, the main reason I could see for Tuscany not coming to BGA depends on the license agreement between Stonemaier and Digidiced (in much the same was as the agreement between Stonemaier and Monster Couch affects expansions to Wingspan), but even that hasn't been stated anywhere that I recall seeing.
tboard

Post by tboard »

Ehrine wrote: 07 February 2023, 12:36
Alucard648 wrote: 07 February 2023, 11:38 Publisher, apparently, revoked license after seeing low popularity of the base game.
I'm going to say it again, please stop posting unsubstantiated claims that are certainly not backed up by anything I have seen Jamie (the publisher) say anywhere. If you have any evidence to back up your claim, please provide a link to it, otherwise it just looks like something you've made up.
If anything, the main reason I could see for Tuscany not coming to BGA depends on the license agreement between Stonemaier and Digidiced (in much the same was as the agreement between Stonemaier and Monster Couch affects expansions to Wingspan), but even that hasn't been stated anywhere that I recall seeing.
This is something I also heard to be true. No, I don't have any websites or videos that can substantiate my claim. But who says I need to show you this? Please show me where this would be against BGA's code of conduct. Of course anybody can make any statements that may or may not be true, but do we really need to start showing proof for everything we say and do on here? Seriously? This is a board games forum buddy where people should be able to freely communicate with each other. Lay off Alucard648, he did nothing wrong.

Besides, it is obvious that the game is not living up to expectations here on BGA. It's simply not getting played as much as other similar games with the same complexity.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

tboard wrote: 10 February 2023, 02:13
Ehrine wrote: 07 February 2023, 12:36
This is something I also heard to be true. No, I don't have any websites or videos that can substantiate my claim. But who says I need to show you this? Please show me where this would be against BGA's code of conduct. Of course anybody can make any statements that may or may not be true, but do we really need to start showing proof for everything we say and do on here? Seriously? This is a board games forum buddy where people should be able to freely communicate with each other. Lay off Alucard648, he did nothing wrong.

Besides, it is obvious that the game is not living up to expectations here on BGA. It's simply not getting played as much as other similar games with the same complexity.
Well that's just another claim without proof then.... And a false one for sure this time since according to the audience, the game is played as much as Tapestry, Barrage, Memoir 44, and couple other similar games. So yeah it's not played as much as Wingspan or some more popular games, but the audience is pretty good.

Now, whether that audience is good enough or not for publisher is another mater, but unless you had a direct message from publisher about that, i dont see the point of saying things like "it is obvious that it's not living up the expectations"
Ehrine

Post by Ehrine »

tboard wrote: 10 February 2023, 02:13 This is something I also heard to be true. No, I don't have any websites or videos that can substantiate my claim. But who says I need to show you this? Please show me where this would be against BGA's code of conduct. Of course anybody can make any statements that may or may not be true, but do we really need to start showing proof for everything we say and do on here? Seriously? This is a board games forum buddy where people should be able to freely communicate with each other. Lay off Alucard648, he did nothing wrong.
Did I say it was "against the code of conduct"? No. If it was, I probably would have reported it. I originally, politely, questioned a statement that was presented as a matter of fact asking where that information came from. When this was ignored and the original statement repeated verbatim, I challenged it again, but this time pointed out that making a claim with nothing to back it up isn't great and might lead to people believing something that may or may not be true.
Polite discussion is great and people should be free to communicate, debate, speculate and discuss. You'll even see I speculated as to some reasons why an expansion might not be happening. I don't, however, make a claim as this being definitely true, but instead say I could see it being the case and would happily talk about my thought process on it (and provide a link to Jamie's blog about the Wingspan expansions on BGA).
As for it "living up to expectations", you and I have no idea what expectations BGA, Stonemaier and the dev(s) that coded it had/have. It might not be living up to your personal expectations, and that's a fine. At the end of the day, your opinion on that is just that your opinion and you're welcome to be disappointed in how popular it has been etc. There's still over a thousand turn based games going on right now which isn't a small number at all. Sure, it's not Wingspan or Ticket to Ride numbers, but neither has the tabletop version sold in those kind of numbers.

Return to “"Beta" games”