Can we get a confirm button on mobile?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
bdistracted

Can we get a confirm button on mobile?

Post by bdistracted »

It doesn't happen too often, but sometimes in places where the tracks are close together it can be easy to tap the wrong track. This happened to me twice in a game, luckily only one of them went through automatically, the other wanted a choice for cards since it was a neutral track. Also luckily, the move wouldn't have made a difference for me winning or losing, but I could easily see an accidental mis-tap costing a game.
thoun

Re: Can we get a confirm button on mobile?

Post by thoun »

Can you tell me what is your current user preference for "confirm claim route" ?
RICO90

Post by RICO90 »

it's not only on mobile,
on computer, there is no confirm button
it happened to me several times that the chosen road was not the one i wanted, especially when there is a 2-way road.
thoun

Post by thoun »

RICO90 wrote: 30 September 2022, 11:01 it's not only on mobile,
on computer, there is no confirm button
it happened to me several times that the chosen road was not the one i wanted, especially when there is a 2-way road.
The set the option to "Enabled" (always) instead of "Enabled for touch devices". That's the point of this choice ;)
I also made the selection of double routes better yesterday evening, so you might not need the confirm anymore. All details here : https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=72167
bdistracted

Post by bdistracted »

thoun wrote: 29 September 2022, 08:07 Can you tell me what is your current user preference for "confirm claim route" ?
When do you do this? In the game configuration there are no options to set "confirm the route". Would this be found somewhere else?
thoun

Post by thoun »

User preferences are in the top right menu during the game
Mr_Magic

Post by Mr_Magic »

Can we get the timer removed from the confirm button? I'd really like to be able to change a mistaken click more easily.

I've had a couple of occasions where I didn't notice the timer going down and it confirmed my move. I'm sure that's a bit of an edge case but I think it'd be a good QOL option.
robinzig

Post by robinzig »

Mr_Magic wrote: 01 October 2022, 16:47 Can we get the timer removed from the confirm button? I'd really like to be able to change a mistaken click more easily.

I've had a couple of occasions where I didn't notice the timer going down and it confirmed my move. I'm sure that's a bit of an edge case but I think it'd be a good QOL option.
+1 to this, I've never understood the craze for confirm timers on BGA recently but at least every other game I've come across with this ridiculous thing has allowed me to turn off the timer in my preferences. I'm not sure why TTR doesn't.
Mr_Magic

Post by Mr_Magic »

I've added a suggestion/bug report for this. Please consider up voting it in the bug lists

https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=73024
McKenner1122

Post by McKenner1122 »

I had luck today choosing my color first, then tapping the track. (iPad user)

Return to “Ticket to Ride”