Premium account and multiple people from same IP clarification

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
TiliaCordata

Premium account and multiple people from same IP clarification

Post by TiliaCordata »

Hello everyone! I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to bring this up, I looked and it seemed like the best option.
I know that a premium account lets me play a game with multiple people from the same IP as me. Does it also allow me to invite multiple people from an IP that's different from mine, but identical for the remaining players?
My girlfriend and I are currently in different cities and connect on BGA, but we'd love to include her family in some of our hangouts. I have a premium account (and live in city A) - would it be possible for me to invite my girlfriend, her sister and her brother-in-law (same IP address, city B) into the same game if none of them have a premium account? I'll appreciate any clarification! :)
Han Shot First

Re: Premium account and multiple people from same IP clarification

Post by Han Shot First »

Yes, a premium account takes off all IP restrictions for any game you are playing in.
TiliaCordata

Post by TiliaCordata »

Okay, thank you, Han Short First :)
voriki

Post by voriki »

Han Shot First wrote: 03 October 2022, 19:38 Yes, a premium account takes off all IP restrictions for any game you are playing in.
I'm not sure. I think there's a premium account needed for each multiple IP location.
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

voriki wrote: 03 October 2022, 21:09
Han Shot First wrote: 03 October 2022, 19:38 Yes, a premium account takes off all IP restrictions for any game you are playing in.
I'm not sure. I think there's a premium account needed for each multiple IP location.
Either way, there's no penalty for testing it out. I prefer the empirical approach when possible.

Return to “Discussions”