Haiclue tutorial

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Nastaa

Haiclue tutorial

Post by Nastaa »

Hello current or prospective Haiclue players :)

A tutorial is now available in alpha: https://boardgamearena.com/tutorial?gam ... orial=1055

You are welcome to have a look and rate it if you want.

Please let me know (in this forum topic or by direct messaging) if you encounter an issue, see some typos, have questions or comments.

Have fun playing :D
GeeGeedeRouge

Re: Haiclue tutorial

Post by GeeGeedeRouge »

Hi, Nastaa,

Very good tutorial I just have a few small grammar corrections

1) Insert the word "a"
Haiclue is a word game
2) Change the wording of "and for successfully..." to
and when other players correctly guess your word.
3) Use the same tense when describing the phases
Phase 1: Preparing the clues
4) Use select not selects
Click a word to select it...
5) Rephrase "for the next one(s) you click" to
For all additional words, first click
6) Uses of had in the sentence beginning "Multiple players...
Multiple players may have had the same word assigned, but they didn't have the same words to prepare their clue.

Overall I thought the tutorial was very good and concise and will help players learn to play. I am really glad that my clever "resist vehicle" clue gets to be famous :D

GeeGeedeRouge
Nastaa

Post by Nastaa »

Thank you very much GeeGeedeRouge, I have now corrected these mistakes.
Mine Hawk

Post by Mine Hawk »

Sadly this tutorial is bugged for me. It's impossible to do this on mobile version as like this picture. Maybe it has got a specific order to click but I tried many combinations. Maybe an arrow buttons order is useful rather this photo?
Nastaa

Post by Nastaa »

Oh no! :( I hope we can figure this out.

What makes it impossible for you to prepare the same clue as in the picture:
Is there an error message appearing?
Some of the words are missing? Or cannot be selected? Or cannot be placed at the wanted position?

The order in which the words are selected is not important. Only the end result matter (= same words in same positions).
Mine Hawk

Post by Mine Hawk »

"cannot be placed at the wanted position?"
Yes.

"The order in which the words are selected is not important."
No. Check this screenshot; https://ibb.co/JrHpR5n
Nastaa

Post by Nastaa »

Ah, thank you for the precision and the screen capture, I may have an idea of what is happening. The interface does not let you change directly the position of a word that is already placed in the clue. First you have to remove the word from the clue, and only then add it where you want. Indeed, that can be confusing and that was missing in my explanations so now I have added it. Was this the issue?

I tried to clarify also that the clue must be reproduced exactly with the same words at the same positions. What I meant about the order was that for example you can decide to start by adding "voice", then "fetch" under voice, then "sample" at the right of fetch, and finally add "bureau" at the bottom. Or you could start by adding "bureau", then add voice above it, then add "sample" in the middle of the 2, and finally "fetch" at the left of sample. Etc.
Mine Hawk

Post by Mine Hawk »

Yes it works now! Thank you. 😊

However I gave 4/5 because you need to use arrows for which word we need to choose.
Nastaa

Post by Nastaa »

:) I'm glad it works now! Sorry that it took a lot of time to figure out this issue. Thanks to you for tell me.

I added clicking hand symbols to indicate the 4 words to select when it is time to submit the clue, so it should help to guide a little. However if these words are already present in the clue area they will not be indicated, even if their position needs to be changed.
Mine Hawk

Post by Mine Hawk »

I don't mean the starting of the game. I mean this;

"Which of the 4 words on top is represented by this clue in three parts: "bite", "nap", and "oil"?
Click on your guess.

Here, if your guess is incorrect the tutorial will show you an error until you find the right word, but of course that behavior won't happen in an actual game."

Instead guessing a player to which move, put a arrow to word. Because this tutorial is English. Most of the players are from different countries.

Still 4/5 for me.

Return to “Haiclue”