Tutorials: learn how to play board games with BGA

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Jellby

Re: Tutorials: learn how to play board games with BGA

Post by Jellby »

Please try and rate my tutorial for Hack Trick.

https://boardgamearena.com/tutorial?gam ... torial=998
JackNapis

Post by JackNapis »

How should I go about reporting a bug in a tutorial? The Bug Report form allows reporting a bug in a game, which requires a table number, or with the website generally, which doesn't seem to apply to a tutorial-specific issue. Thanks!
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

I would either contact the tutorial author (which should be stated at the beginning of the tutorial) or post in the specific game forum. Note that bugs regarding display and actions are often not the tutorial's fault, but the underlying BGA framework's, so they could be reportable as general BGA bugs.
Een

Post by Een »

Jellby wrote: 06 October 2022, 08:11 I would either contact the tutorial author (which should be stated at the beginning of the tutorial) or post in the specific game forum. Note that bugs regarding display and actions are often not the tutorial's fault, but the underlying BGA framework's, so they could be reportable as general BGA bugs.
Not really. Issues with display and actions are more likely to come from the choices made by the developer when building the game interface, or if the developer didn't follow the framework's good practices.

Issues should definitely be looked at by the tutorial author first, by the developer second (you can make a report using any table number for this game as it's a general issue for the game), and if the developer with their technical knowledge ascertains that there is a framework issue they should report it to admins. A player reporting an issue as a framework bug would in most cases be invalid, so please don't do that.

Return to “Discussions”