Complaint about discussion behaviour of *

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
tamphao

Complaint about discussion behaviour of *

Post by tamphao »

I recently finished last in this game: *

I played Giza with Rhodos left and Hali right, it's tough for me to choose a tactic, as I have seen many times a blue-focused play would lose easily against two neighbors who just need minimal military cards. There was a hope that Hali would focus on science so that I could earn battle points against him. However in front of me is Babylon threatening to play science, so Hali opted to play half red half green in the 1st and 2nd ages.

That's the reason I snapped red cards at age 2, looking to get 8 battle points against Hali. What happened next was legendary, I ended up being the war champion.

(Post-mortem: Should I have taken two blue cards instead, they will count 9 VPs and with -2 for the losing against Hali at ages 2 and 3, it would be only 7 and also helping Hali. So I still think that was the reasonable choice at that time, do you have other ideas in playing that position?)

What bothered me was the behaviour of my opponent, *, who played Rhodos and his tactic was aso ruined by my military choice, although his result is still better than me. Right after the game, * blamed me that my play in the 2nd age was a suicide, and he said I'm a toxic player, should be banned from Arena. Well, if I played following what he expected me to play, then that's not the game. I don't know if he understands that he should respect other players' choice in the game, even if they play incorrectly.

I saw some players being muted for chat during the game, should I also report this case to mute this guy?

*moderator edit: calling out players in the Forums is prohibited. Please report players misbehaviour instead to moderation, marking the offensive lines on chat.
Guudys

Re: Complaint about discussion behaviour of Cedric_CZ

Post by Guudys »

I'm not sure in game, but after the game, you can definitely thumb players down. You will not queue with them ever again.
Silene

Re: Complaint about discussion behaviour of a player

Post by Silene »

tamphao wrote: 26 September 2022, 10:21 [...] blamed me that my play in the 2nd age was a suicide, and he said I'm a toxic player, should be banned from Arena.
[...] I saw some players being muted for chat during the game, should I also report this case to mute this guy?
You should report them for insults. On their profile in the top right corner is a "report this player"-button which you can follow. In addition you can red-thumb them or not as you like depending on your willingness to play with them again.
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
Pistolero

Post by Pistolero »

I quickly reviewed your game.

I don't have much time to explain now, and I really don't want to offend, but basically all your moves are wrong (starting from the wonder side)
In age 2, to play 2 red cards to just win one military battle is horrible.

If you want some help on how to play Gizah, you can check my guide for the old editon, in the Forum :)
tamphao

Re: Complaint about discussion behaviour of a player

Post by tamphao »

Silene wrote: 26 September 2022, 13:47
tamphao wrote: 26 September 2022, 10:21 [...] blamed me that my play in the 2nd age was a suicide, and he said I'm a toxic player, should be banned from Arena.
[...] I saw some players being muted for chat during the game, should I also report this case to mute this guy?
You should report them for insults. On their profile in the top right corner is a "report this player"-button which you can follow. In addition you can red-thumb them or not as you like depending on your willingness to play with them again.
Thanks for the instruction, I made the report, the report system is also well designed.
tamphao

Post by tamphao »

Pistolero wrote: 27 September 2022, 10:26 I quickly reviewed your game.

I don't have much time to explain now, and I really don't want to offend, but basically all your moves are wrong (starting from the wonder side)

If you want some help on how to play Gizah, you can check my guide for the old editon, in the Forum :)
Thanks for your critics, I don't know how to find previous messages you made in the forum.

Just after that game, I encountered the same setup, and this time I experimented choosing the wonder side B: https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=303225491

I played better in that game, though there was a mistake not to take the double brick at age 2 (instead of taking double brick, I picked the unnecessary double ore), hence I could not finish building the wonder and lost. Anyway I have better sense to play in that position, but still think it's hard, even with luck.
pee_dee_cee

Post by pee_dee_cee »

Pistolero wrote: 27 September 2022, 10:26 I quickly reviewed your game.

Without having watched the replay of the game in question, I find it troubling that anyone defends Cedric's behaviour at all.

We all try to play our best in the moment, but we can never play perfect, sometimes we are still learning, or want to try a new strategy. However, bad plays or mistakes should never make it acceptable for one player to verbally abuse another.

Cedric (and Masca) are very strong players, the rankings make that clear. But verbally abusive behaviour towards other players who don't make the "correct" move or play "perfectly" is horrible.

I can remember one comment by Cedric at the end of a game directed at another player (with significantly less experience) along the lines of "it takes skill to come last with Hali B".

From the FAQ:
> What is absolutely forbidden?
On Board Game Arena, it is absolutely forbidden to:

Insult other players in any manner.
I left the BGA 7 Wonders scene last year soon after witnessing the above comment. It is extremely disappointing to see that this abusive behaviour continues on the BGA platform with no consequence.

Return to “7 Wonders”