Players quitting games

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ruthless1000

Players quitting games

Post by ruthless1000 »

I'm relatively new to this app, so I've only completed 10 games of Splendor so far. However, in 4 of those games, players have quit, mainly by running out of time. I've had at least one, that the player ran out of time, but I opted to continue playing, but the other two players also ran out of time.

I haven't this problem on other games, and was wondering if this is a problem unique to Splendor and also if anyone else has been experiencing this issue?

I was so excited to discover this app, because I love board games, but it's frustrating to keep starting games and not getting to finish them. :(
Meeplelowda

Re: Players quitting games

Post by Meeplelowda »

ruthless1000 wrote: 08 April 2022, 17:26if anyone else has been experiencing this issue?
I have not had this problem with Splendor. Do you have the game set to "Real Time - Fast Speed"? If so, many people don't pay attention to the speed setting of a game their joining and don't know how to set filters to prevent joining fast games, so they may be joining expecting the default time control.
sorryimlikethis

Post by sorryimlikethis »

I don't think it's a problem unique to Splendor, but maybe exacerbated by the fact it's an incredibly well known game which new accounts are more likely to play. I noticed in 3 of the 4 games the leaver was an account on 0 or 1 ELO.

I think your best bet is to try to restrict who you play with. Anyone under 75 Karma which is the starting amount should be automatic no. When you reach 100 ELO you'll be able to avoid accounts with no ELO as well.

It's super frustrating but don't be discouraged, there are plenty of good people on here that want to play.
Joltarin

Post by Joltarin »

sorryimlikethis wrote: 09 April 2022, 09:27 I don't think it's a problem unique to Splendor, but maybe exacerbated by the fact it's an incredibly well known game which new accounts are more likely to play. I noticed in 3 of the 4 games the leaver was an account on 0 or 1 ELO.

I think your best bet is to try to restrict who you play with. Anyone under 75 Karma which is the starting amount should be automatic no. When you reach 100 ELO you'll be able to avoid accounts with no ELO as well.

It's super frustrating but don't be discouraged, there are plenty of good people on here that want to play.
Well said! Splendor is also fairly easy to learn, so more likely for casual gamers to be interested in.
goldensmith

Post by goldensmith »

Meeplelowda wrote: 08 April 2022, 23:46
ruthless1000 wrote: 08 April 2022, 17:26if anyone else has been experiencing this issue?
I have not had this problem with Splendor. Do you have the game set to "Real Time - Fast Speed"? If so, many people don't pay attention to the speed setting of a game their joining and don't know how to set filters to prevent joining fast games, so they may be joining expecting the default time control.
How do you set filters when searching manually for games?
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

goldensmith wrote: 05 June 2022, 00:00
You don't. If you are on manual then you have to click "View" to see the setting on the table instead of clicking "Join."
AntoineG

Post by AntoineG »

I confirm that I have many more quitting/out of time players in Splendor that in ALL other games. 9 times from my 10 last games !! (i play mainly in turn by turn)
alb68

Post by alb68 »

I am new to BGA but not to Splendor and could not figure out how to select 3 coins in Splendor. Nothing I clicked on worked. Maybe that is a problem?
Photios

Post by Photios »

maybe try to choose 2 same colors? Then you may draw only 2 of them not 3!
Vandaley

Post by Vandaley »

goldensmith wrote: 05 June 2022, 00:00
You can also open games that restrict access, there is a restrict option when you start a game.

Return to “Splendor”