Earlier concedes

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ninamori

Earlier concedes

Post by ninamori »

Hello,

Often in this game one player can force a win but the progress is not anywhere near 50%. It would be nice to be able to concede in these situations.
Smells_Familiar

Re: Earlier concedes

Post by Smells_Familiar »

You can by clicking on the hamburger menu icon in the top right on mobile, and select "concede the game".
Raeoran

Post by Raeoran »

Smells_Familiar wrote: 09 October 2022, 10:14 You can by clicking on the hamburger menu icon in the top right on mobile, and select "concede the game".
The question was, why not allow earlier concessions?
In this game, it is entirely possible (and far from rare) that after Round 1 shakes out, you can be in a position where defeat is 99.99% certain.
crander

Post by crander »

If you don’t want to actually play the game, just don’t play the game?
Smells_Familiar

Post by Smells_Familiar »

Raeoran wrote: 09 November 2023, 17:21
Smells_Familiar wrote: 09 October 2022, 10:14 You can by clicking on the hamburger menu icon in the top right on mobile, and select "concede the game".
The question was, why not allow earlier concessions?
You're right. I didn't know that no concession before 50% completion was a thing.
Raeoran wrote: 09 November 2023, 17:21 In this game, it is entirely possible (and far from rare) that after Round 1 shakes out, you can be in a position where defeat is 99.99% certain.
100% incorrect. That is rare. There is usually a way to defeat a weaker opponent, even if they have a superior initial situation, or you perceive their position after round 1 to still be superior. Defeat is never 99.99% certain after round 1 - and if you believe that to be true, you can work on becoming a better player and then you'll realize it's not true. This game is so well balanced that you usually have a fighting chance. On the other hand, a superior player with a superior deck will almost always win. Maybe that's what you mean?

Edit: As an example - I just won an Arena match against a player with 75% wins, who had Witch and Dragon's Lair. I was 1st player and could have had DL, but I wanted to see if I could win with Hell's Gate and 2 expensive demons. Many would have bet on my opponent winning. I had to attack a few times, and draw it out into round 5, but it worked. There were other ways to win, too. The reason I'm writing this is so players who may initially get discouraged in round 1, may realize that there is usually a way to win if you are creative and make less mistakes than your opponent. Have this mindset, and you'll get better, faster ; )
Raeoran

Post by Raeoran »

Smells_Familiar wrote: 14 December 2023, 20:12 100% incorrect. That is rare. There is usually a way to defeat a weaker opponent, even if they have a superior initial situation, or you perceive their position after round 1 to still be superior. Defeat is never 99.99% certain after round 1 - and if you believe that to be true, you can work on becoming a better player and then you'll realize it's not true. This game is so well balanced that you usually have a fighting chance. On the other hand, a superior player with a superior deck will almost always win. Maybe that's what you mean?

Edit: As an example - I just won an Arena match against a player with 75% wins, who had Witch and Dragon's Lair. I was 1st player and could have had DL, but I wanted to see if I could win with Hell's Gate and 2 expensive demons. Many would have bet on my opponent winning. I had to attack a few times, and draw it out into round 5, but it worked. There were other ways to win, too. The reason I'm writing this is so players who may initially get discouraged in round 1, may realize that there is usually a way to win if you are creative and make less mistakes than your opponent. Have this mindset, and you'll get better, faster ; )
Thanks for this advice. I'll see what I can do with it.

Return to “Res Arcana”