Can the BGA software handle 24 cubes in the Stack Box?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
vigorousRoll

Can the BGA software handle 24 cubes in the Stack Box?

Post by vigorousRoll »

I'm diagramming a future line of play and envision a situation in which my stack starts with 10 spices in the box. I play 7 of these cubes to produce 21 new ones and plan on discarding 14 of them to get back to 10. When I look at the box, it looks like there's room in there for only about 15 cubes. So if I start to execute this maneuver, I want to make sure that none of my 24 cubes will get lost "in the soup" before I can save the ones I want and discard the rest. It's a turn-based game and I have about 24-48 hours before I'm likely to pull off this maneuver...so I've got time to watch for replies in this thread.

But if folks don't hold out confidence that this operation will be executed smoothly, I have time to plan another line of attack.
vigorousRoll

Re: Can the BGA software handle 24 cubes in the Stack Box?

Post by vigorousRoll »

Fwiw, I found a less-flashy and lower-points path... but one that also got the job done a little quicker....and didn't "trouble" the stack box.

But I did peruse a few games from other BGA members and found one in which a player played an exchange card with multiplier that put 16 cubes in his box and the 16th one stuck out partially below the lower edge of the box but was clearly visible and accessible so I have more confidence that a 24 cube play or even a 40 cube one could be handled without problem.
Last edited by vigorousRoll on 17 October 2022, 02:46, edited 1 time in total.
h_illes

Re: Can the BGA software handle 24 cubes in the Stack Box?

Post by h_illes »

Fyi this issue was also reported here:
https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=61483

And yes, situations may arise when discarding 11+ cubes is the optimal play, even though very rarely.

Return to “Century”