Alpha tutorials now out for viewing

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
3p1cFr3nzy

Alpha tutorials now out for viewing

Post by 3p1cFr3nzy »

Hi all,

Given there are no gurus for this game yet, tutorials for this game will not be seen much by the experts. Thus, I will post here some tutorials in ALPHA (now in BETA) for you to look at. Let me know about my own one and hiperchuy's one for feedback in this forum or by direct messaging (for hiperchuy probably DM as I haven't contacted him yet about it).

(Links removed as they can be found in the 'Learn' section now)

Have fun playing and learning Wingspan!
Last edited by 3p1cFr3nzy on 13 October 2022, 09:46, edited 4 times in total.
ExplodingKitten3

Re: Alpha tutorials now out for viewing

Post by ExplodingKitten3 »

Nice one! A bit long but very helpful. No wetland action in the game but I assume that the Killdeer covers how to draw cards so that's fine for me.

Maybe some more strategy tips apart from just playing the killdeer?
3p1cFr3nzy

Post by 3p1cFr3nzy »

I've added the fact that you can remove the ravens, killdeer and franklin's gull in options due to it being a very powerful combo if you get 2 of them (or even only one) and how to balance bird points at the end with egg count.

Thanks for the feedback!
Fletcheese

Post by Fletcheese »

I only played through your tutorial. Some feedback:

1. You say to scroll down for the birdfeeder a few times, but for my screen size the feeder is adjacent to the board. Not sure if you can do responsive dialog positioning in a tutorial
2. In the message for discard actions, you use the word "must". I'd replace this with "may" and stress that you can only perform that action a single time and only if that icon appears in that zone
3. Is clicking on the food tokens in the exact order indicated necessary? Tripped me up a few times until I read very closely "Use the egg from the Red-breasted Nuthatch and click on the food tokens from right to left at the top"
4. I think bringing up the end of round goals and bonus cards earlier would be good. It's often important to plan your whole game around achieving these

Overall great work - definitely explains the game well. I may be overly nitpicky
3p1cFr3nzy

Post by 3p1cFr3nzy »

Thanks for the feedback! Here is my response to your points of how to improve it:

1: Yeah I need to stop putting those, given there is a way to allow the message to move when moving the screen. Only reason I may do this is to prevent constant minimization of the messages for different devices. I've now just said 'move to the birdfeeder'.
2: Very good point! Adjustments have been made, highlighting the word 'once' to emphasize your point.
3: Unfortunately that is necessary. Sorry :( (I have put something that says its picky)
4: Another good point - Added. Maybe it makes the tutorial drag on a bit more but hopefully that doesn't happen.

Once again, thanks for spending your time to help me out on this tutorial.
3p1cFr3nzy

Post by 3p1cFr3nzy »

Both tutorials are in BETA but I will try and fix the interface for phone users. Hang on in there while I try to do that as its really buggy right now (For samsung internet it's not working)

Edit: should be working now.

Return to “Wingspan”