Arena season 10: go!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
T72on1

Re: Arena season 10: go!

Post by T72on1 »

mariusz1987 wrote: 10 October 2022, 18:14 If two players have the same number of points at the end of the season, will they both get the title of champion or only one of them?
If it's the exact same amount, they might both get it. I'm not sure. But it's very unlikely, since visually the numbers are being rounded up to integers, but in fact decimals are taken into account too. For example at one stage a few days ago I was tied for first place with another player in Battle of Lits. Still I was ranked first and he was ranked second. That's due to the decimals not being shown but in fact counting for final rankings.

On a side note, trophies for a certain ELO threshold also work this way. So you might not get that trophy for a certain game to reach Master status, while your ELO shows up as 700. That would be because it's in fact 699,8 or so.
bamf226

Post by bamf226 »

Sad to see that Cribbage did not get any type of update to settings. asynchronous 3 game matches put players at a disadvantage to real time plays due to how long a game takes to play only playing 2-3 cards a day.
Mr_Magic

Post by Mr_Magic »

All async games are much slower than real-time
bamf226

Post by bamf226 »

Mr_Magic wrote: 11 October 2022, 13:10 All async games are much slower than real-time
True, but many async games can play faster because you take your entire turn at one time unlike the back and forth of one card at a time in cribbage. Since the rules were changed to best of 3, I can finish maybe 6 games a season and this is playing 4-5 games at a time asynchronously. It takes a minimum of 6 weeks to finish an async game that goes the full three rounds, and that's playing a hand a day. I can't play enough games to get out of the lowest level of the arena. If the rules were changed back to 1 round games, it would be less disparity between real and async games.

Perhaps there should be two ladders, one for real time and one for async to even up the rankings. This would make it more fair to everyone regardless of game. Take something short like Shifting Stones which is a 10 minute real time game Someone with plenty of time to kill can really motor up the rankings in an hour. People who don't have that time to spend will never be able to achieve the same results if it takes a couple of days to finish a game async.
yrrepnadohr

Post by yrrepnadohr »

where (link ?) can I see my standings (results) for just closing Arena 10 ?
Thanks for your help
Respublik

Post by Respublik »

yrrepnadohr wrote: 12 October 2022, 06:23 where (link ?) can I see my standings (results) for just closing Arena 10 ?
Thanks for your help
https://boardgamearena.com/player?section=prestige and open any game that you want to see.

They will be under the "My Arena history".

Return to “Official announcements [en]”