Is it possible to have normal mode in parallel with the professional one?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
MaPomme25

Re: Is it possible to have normal mode in parallel with the professional one?

Post by MaPomme25 »

En ce qui me concerne, j'apprécie que l'on ait mis la version pro.
c''est stimulant, et ça élimine un peu ceux qui aiment faire des "coups bas" aux autres.
ça oblige à réfléchir un peu.
Bon jeu à toutes et tous
5golden

Post by 5golden »

Professional variant is for huge nerds only, please bring back Normal variant to Arena for actual fun times and goofs and gaffes, blunders and traps
Yanochka

Post by Yanochka »

:cry: :evil: :cry: :evil: :cry: :evil: :cry: :evil:
Again only prof mode

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Its not normal, WE asked to have 2 , prof and normal

Return normal mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vynce

Post by Vynce »

montsegur wrote: 13 July 2022, 21:27 I ll take bets which will be played more
And yet this one got more votes, and it wasn't really close.

That said, democracy isn't always the best solution - if we could get people who work at the site to engage in a conversation about it, i wonder if we could come up with a solution that makes everybody happy - or at least equally unhappy. If they don't want to clone the game to make "casual" and "pro" separate, we could also alternate seasons. Of course, the people who want to play with different table sizes would still never get their way... We could weight each option in favor of variety (e.g., look at the last 10 seasons. For each format proposed, weight its votes by (10-X)/10 where X is the number of seasons that format was the winner).
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

First, I really encourage you all to learn the strategies of the Pro variant. It's much more about how you play your hand, and much less about just having the best cards from the start. It's much more fun than normal once you realize it's not just chaos, which is what it will seem like at first.

That said, most of the best players on the site play pro, but do not play arena. So it does make sense that arena should be normal I think, as it pleases the majority of people playing there.

The suggestion that these should be two separate games also makes sense. I hope the publisher agrees. As suggested, a different color for the box would work. They might not want to do this because a publisher likes the game to match the real box the game comes in. As a customer who learned the game here, and then purchased a copy of the game, I don't think the box color would confuse potential costomers.
Llessur

Post by Llessur »

New season, no changes, still professional :(
Vynce

Post by Vynce »

Wreckage wrote: 12 October 2022, 02:18 The suggestion that these should be two separate games also makes sense. I hope the publisher agrees. As suggested, a different color for the box would work. They might not want to do this because a publisher likes the game to match the real box the game comes in. As a customer who learned the game here, and then purchased a copy of the game, I don't think the box color would confuse potential costomers.
We don't have to make up artwork. The game comes in different editions in different places; in some english-speaking places it was apparently released as "Take 5!" - so we could just have "Take 5!" and "6nimmt Pro" (or vice-versa).
dagose

Post by dagose »

I prefer normal mode with five players, hence I choose not to play in arena. Why does the arena mode matter?
montsegur

Post by montsegur »

Wreckage wrote: 12 October 2022, 02:18 First, I really encourage you all to learn the strategies of the Pro variant. It's much more about how you play your hand, and much less about just having the best cards from the start. It's much more fun than normal once you realize it's not just chaos, which is what it will seem like at first.

That said, most of the best players on the site play pro, but do not play arena. So it does make sense that arena should be normal I think, as it pleases the majority of people playing there.

The suggestion that these should be two separate games also makes sense. I hope the publisher agrees. As suggested, a different color for the box would work. They might not want to do this because a publisher likes the game to match the real box the game comes in. As a customer who learned the game here, and then purchased a copy of the game, I don't think the box color would confuse potential costomers.
Are you kidding that this is a matter of the publisher? More played games = more money. It s a matter of the "religious" sect of pro players who ve been asked what should be the mode for next season ;) . And Vynce that s not democracy thats a kind of dictatorship...
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

Well, it of course this is a matter for the publisher. One of the reasons the game is here, is for marketing. Do they want it portrayed as a separate game when it's not a separate game on the shelf? Do they want the box to look different when this is what the box looks like on the shelf?

I think these are minor concerns, but of course they would have to approve any change. And it is completely their decision.

Return to “6 nimmt!”