Trouble starting a game

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
cigma

Re: Trouble starting a game

Post by cigma »

spielfriek wrote: 14 October 2022, 16:25 Note: It's not possible to report this as a bug because there is no table number to reference.
Just for clarification: There are 2 types of bug reports - for a specific game or for the website in general. You can report general bugs without table number.
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
TomWright

Post by TomWright »

spielfriek wrote: 14 October 2022, 17:07 I was able to fumble my way in after changing the top right tab to MANUAL instead of FRIENDS.

Try that.
Yup, it looks like that's the trick. Thank you everyone for your help. I appreciate it.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

cigma wrote: 14 October 2022, 21:20 Just for clarification: There are 2 types of bug reports - for a specific game or for the website in general. You can report general bugs without table number.
And even for game-specific reports, you can use any table number of that particular game, it doesn't need to be the one with a problem. Just make sure to explain if the table number doesn't match the report.
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

Jellby wrote: 15 October 2022, 08:55 And even for game-specific reports, you can use any table number of that particular game, it doesn't need to be the one with a problem. Just make sure to explain if the table number doesn't match the report.
NO !!!!!

When you create a bug report for a specific table, game state is saved and we (dev) can load it to investigate bug.
So please, don't use a random table for reports, use YOUR table and create report JUST when bug arrive not 3 turns later :?
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

To be clear, I only suggest using "any other table number" when for any reason you can't use the relevant one (maybe you can't find it, or the bug occurs before table creation, or it's a "bug" in the game's description...). Of course, whenever a bug occurs in a particular table, you should always use that table number to report it.
Gorgo Primus

Post by Gorgo Primus »

Can’t you just click the + and add another player slot like in every other game? Only difference is Talon for me is that the first time I hosted it started with min slots (1) whilst most games seem to default to maximum slots.
TomWright

Post by TomWright »

Gorgo Primus wrote: 16 October 2022, 13:15 Can’t you just click the + and add another player slot like in every other game? Only difference is Talon for me is that the first time I hosted it started with min slots (1) whilst most games seem to default to maximum slots.
It wasn't letting me get to the screen to click the + button. Once I used the "manual" path instead of the "friends" path, I got to where I could do that.
cigma

Post by cigma »

Gorgo Primus wrote: 16 October 2022, 13:15 the first time I hosted it started with min slots (1)
Hm, solo games are only possible in training mode. Allthough it should be possible to add more players in training mode, you might try to switch from training mode to normal mode and check if you can add slots then.
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

What scenario is selected ?
If you want to play with a friend, don't select first one.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Playing with friends is weird (I've never done it). You first have to select your friends (at least one), then you select the game and open the table.

If the "default" table settings (or the ones used last time) are for two players, as soon as you open the table, it will auto-start, and you get no chance to change anything.

Since for Talon the default is the first scenario (therefore 1 player and training mode), all you get is a message saying that you need to increase the maximum number of players in the table.

I don't think this is specific for this game, it's still weird that you have to select the players first, and that you can't change the settings before starting the game.

Return to “Talon”