differences between 1st and 3rd edition rules?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
zedmango

differences between 1st and 3rd edition rules?

Post by zedmango »

I can't find this anywhere - what are the differences between the 1st and 3rd edition rulesets?
Paddles

Re: differences between 1st and 3rd edition rules?

Post by Paddles »

Surprised this hasn't been answered yet.

AFAIK the difference between first and third editions is not the "how to play" rules/mechanics, but changes to some of the dogma actions.

Here are a couple of examples:
Oars:
  • First edition: I demand you transfer a card with a <crown> from your hand to my score pile! If you do, draw a [1]!
  • Third edition: I demand you transfer a card with a <crown> from your hand to my score pile. If you do, draw a [1] and repeat this dogma effect!
Fermentation:
  • First edition: Draw a [2] for every two <leaf> on your board.
  • Third edition: Draw a [2] for every color on your board with one or more <leaf>.
BGG has a thread with instructions and a link for first edition owners to stick on top of first edition cards to turn them into third edition.
bz438

Re: differences between 1st and 3rd edition rules?

Post by bz438 »

For the base game this is not ONLY oars and fermentation.
"industrialization" is now based on number of colors with factory symbol, not numbers of symbol
"Society" works only for higher value cards with crowns
"Combustion" for each 4 crowns

Here are the changes extract from the post of Bill Koens on BGG
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/181716 ... hange-list

Base set
Age 1. Oars demand adds “If you do, draw a 1 and repeat this dogma effect!
Age 2. Fermenting dogma is now “Draw a 2 for every color on your board with one or more leaves.”
Age 3. Feudalism dogma adds “If you do, unsplay that color of your cards!
Age 5. Statistics demand is now “I demand you transfer all the highest cards in your score pile to your hand!”
Measurement dogma is now “You may reveal and return a card…”
Societies demand is now “I demand you transfer a card with a bulb higher than my top card of the same color from your board to my board! If you do, draw a 5!”
Age 6. First Industrialization dogma is now “Draw and tuck a 6 for every color on your board with one or more factories.”
Age 7. Combustion demand is now “I demand you transfer one card from your score pile to my score pile for every four crowns on my board!” and adds a dogma: “Return your bottom red card.”
Age 9. Fission dogma adds “Draw a 10.”

Return to “Innovation”