Suggestion: Penalize for killing a player who hasn't played yet

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Tsaion

Suggestion: Penalize for killing a player who hasn't played yet

Post by Tsaion »

When playing offline with friends and/or family there is no risk of anyone getting ganged on and executed before they even get to play a single turn.

However, in this online version, where you play with total strangers you don't care about one bit... This can happen.

Usually starts with a renegade taking a random shot at someone, followed by 2-3 other players also targeting the same player with jails and bangs.

Dying without having even played a single turn is just not fun. Nobody wants to join a game just to get lynched and executed without being able to play a single card.

So, I propose a rule in place for this online version: If you deliver a killing blow to a player that hasn't played a turn yet - it is a cold blood murder and you are automatically jailed for 3 turns.

Also warn a player before they take the shot that will kill, ask them if they are sure they wanna do it and be jailed.

Alternatively you could make a player that hasn't played a turn yet unkillable. If they are on their last life they can't be targeted until they play a turn.
kuzestanx

Re: Suggestion: Penalize for killing a player who hasn't played yet

Post by kuzestanx »

wow, how is it that in a game about brutal wild west murders, players can brutally murder :D
MattDiamond

Re: Suggestion: Penalize for killing a player who hasn't played yet

Post by MattDiamond »

Well I hate too to die without having time to play any cards.
It depends of the situation
If it is a darn lucky butt Vice like Willy The Kid having a bag full of bangs, I will hate him but he did his job lol

But if at the start (as a outlaw) I get
-a bang from the sheriff, well that's ok for this time
-a bang from the next player, well it might be the vice, that's ok
-a bang from the next player, well might be the renegade, that's ok
-a bang from the next player, hmmm there's a outlaw who hasn't followed anything in the game
It this point better give up and start a new one with others players

Return to “Bang”