Can this game play for 5 people .

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
kingdomyyt

Can this game play for 5 people .

Post by kingdomyyt »

Hope this game can play for 5 people . Thanks .
Tisaac

Re: Can this game play for 5 people .

Post by Tisaac »

kingdomyyt wrote: 22 August 2021, 15:40 Hope this game can play for 5 people . Thanks .
Agricola revised edition is only for 1-4 players so nope.
Maybe with future expansions
fiscused

Post by fiscused »

he 5-6 player expansion is awesome, and hard to play in person because it's hard to find that many players...so hopefully it will be added here someday!
Phoxtrot

Post by Phoxtrot »

You can play the original version up to 5 players on http://www.boiteajeux.net/

The interface is a bit dated now but it does the job.
ThrowBreadOnMe

Post by ThrowBreadOnMe »

This is an old post, but is there any way to add the 5-6 player expansion on BGA? This would be a huge boon to the game!
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

ThrowBreadOnMe wrote: 28 September 2022, 17:31 This is an old post, but is there any way to add the 5-6 player expansion on BGA? This would be a huge boon to the game!
Nope, still same answer. Maybe one day if BGA think it's worth it (and publisher give the green light for licensing)
ThrowBreadOnMe

Post by ThrowBreadOnMe »

Okay, thank you! Appreciate your answer. (I do think BGA should pursue it at some point!)
Wobbywobs

Post by Wobbywobs »

One more vote for 5 player! It's awesome to be able to play with more people. I'd love to try out 6 too
pacman256

Post by pacman256 »

Having played the original version of Agricola ~20 years ago, there is no reason why the 5 player spots can't be replicated and just use the same cards. I'm not suggesting 5 player is the best option (it adds a lot of time) but the programming can't be that hard for it.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

pacman256 wrote: 20 October 2022, 13:36 Having played the original version of Agricola ~20 years ago, there is no reason why the 5 player spots can't be replicated and just use the same cards. I'm not suggesting 5 player is the best option (it adds a lot of time) but the programming can't be that hard for it.
Where did I say it was hard to code ?
Publisher are the ones granting license, and even if it's not "that hard", you still someone to do it, so BGA need to be ok with paying someone to do the job (or managing a volonteer dev, which will take someone time, so still cost money at the end of the job).
So my answer is still the same: it needs a green light from publisher regarding license (since the revised game is now 4p only, so the current license agreement does not cover the 5p expansion), and the decision of BGA to invest money/supervisation time before being added here.
Currently we have neither of these two prerequisite AFAIK.

Return to “Agricola”