No trade variant

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Munir Vlad

No trade variant

Post by Munir Vlad »

In the past I played a variant online that had no trading. The current trading aspect of BGA Catan is time consuming and often forces me to run out of time when I want to do a big move at the end of the game, as all my time is used up rejecting impossible trades.

Having a no trade option would speed up the game for those who want a quicker match.
el cosimo

Re: No trade variant

Post by el cosimo »

Munir Vlad wrote: 19 October 2022, 04:08 In the past I played a variant online that had no trading. The current trading aspect of BGA Catan is time consuming and often forces me to run out of time when I want to do a big move at the end of the game, as all my time is used up rejecting impossible trades.

Having a no trade option would speed up the game for those who want a quicker match.
Never understand why out of time: set trading off if you don’t want to trade. It is completely in your own control. Why people don’t see options.. and out of time is mostly because you react slow,. I got always more then minutes over.
Seb8472

Post by Seb8472 »

+1
Cos-

Post by Cos- »

It would be great to have a no trading variant so the people who want to play with trades off could just go off on their own, and not get mixed into games with those of us who want to play the regular game, with trading. It really really sucks when someone joins a game I'm in and then turns trades off, which makes me not enjoy the game at all. It's an asshole move - trades are part of the game. But if it were an actual option, then those people could play their own no-trading catan games and not bother people who want to play regular catan.

So yes, please add this option, even though I don't intend to use it myself. It would make things so much better.

Return to “Catan”