Card Ranchers

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
Wreckage

Re: Card Ranchers

Post by Wreckage »

October 23 is the final week for this contest. I will have something scheduled for the 30th, but it will be a new event.

The first two weeks went pretty smooth, as far as players finding their tables. This week we had some players missing at game time, making it a bit of a scramble. Thanks everyone for helping to get things sorted out. It’s easy to get the starting time confused, or just forget about the games entirely. Since we schedule games on the weekend, it’s understandable that it will happen sometimes.

Broncos were this week's champions, led by Thereda (9 points) Teci (8 points) and Kimmilyn (7 points). Amethyst Dragon won the blue table, which helped Good MOOds take the overall lead. Waterlily Blooms, also with Good MOOds, won the brown table and has the best weekly average of all players.

Western Vegetarians again have 2 of the top 3 scorers, with Spur gaining another 7 points this week, and Ludentotten battling back and forth with Wreckage for the top spot. Bluemel had another good week, gaining 9 more points, and will represent Jurassic Ranch at the top table next week.

Fr3nzy has been the strongest sub so far, getting two first places, and two second places in the last four games. Carlis, KatyaM, and Cheval Raye each scored 7 points while playing against the strongest opponents, and each of them has had good scores each week.

https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=11498855
I hope you are all enjoying the competition.
~Wreckage
Last edited by Wreckage on 24 October 2022, 20:56, edited 4 times in total.
3p1cFr3nzy

Post by 3p1cFr3nzy »

Waterlily blooms absolutely on fire right now damn :O And good job wreckage for maintaining your lead at the top. Note: If you want to use myself as a sub you can DM me anytime. Just give me some notice though beforehand as I may be taken by someone early.
cheval_raye

Post by cheval_raye »

You swapped Western Vegetarians and Jurrasic Ranch at the white table (or the names of the players each sub was replacing). Rosanne is in Jurassic Ranch, while Nina is in Western Vegetarians
Ludentotten

Post by Ludentotten »

Excellent Wreck, so good job. Think you handled it really well this time as well. Think all the tables was running a couple minutes past time.
I certainly enjoy that you aim to pick up something positive from each team.. 👍🏾😊
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

Ok, I see my error, Cheval. I will edit it. This will alter the scores. Vegetarians will have fewer points than I originally posted here.
Waterlily blooms

Post by Waterlily blooms »

Tigress-Altaica wrote: 16 October 2022, 19:42 Just had a thought--for future weeks, we could consider placing people at tables based on their average score rather than their total score. That way, if a strong player is out for multiple weeks, they won't end up dominating the lower tables when they come back due to their lower total number of points.
Great job on the weekly overview again Wreck! I was thinking about Tigress' idea and this would be interesting for a next competition. Average scores would be more representative of how people are currently doing in 6nimmt. For example, I had to miss the first week and have been climbing up tables since, but never made it to the top tables, which I might have played on based on my average ELO. Although going for average scores would not have an immediate effect in the next round, it will sort out more equally distributed tables in the following weeks. What I prefer about average above Romain's suggestion of leaving out lowest scores, is that also counting lowest scores gives more differentiation when comparing averages, especially since you want to be able to use it for placing a large group of players.

I think one of the main aims behind the current competition is to give more even chances to all players, and I think the lay-out does that generally well in terms of tables based on scores and people moving up and down tables depending on how they are doing, but it could be improved with this average-scoring idea.

In any case, very fun competition and also trying out new ideas each time :D
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

These are good ideas. It's natural for everyone to concern themselves with how they are doing individually, especially since I list a ranking each week. One drawback to going by a players average score, is if they only play one week and have a great day, there is no incentive to play again.

I was also thinking about the team's score each week could just be your second and third best player's scores added together, instead of all 5 players.

There's definitely some drawbacks, to our current system. I think we are learning a little at a time. Having a draft was fun. And I think there was some good excitement when we started. Once a couple teams fell behind, I think the excitement fades. We need a format that keeps every team in the running until the end.
Wreckage

Post by Wreckage »

Final Standings
There were some interesting scores this week. The players on the Red table finished their second game in the exact reverse order of the first game, so all 5 players tied, gaining 6 points each. The Yellow table was also close, but Spur and Teci managed to get 1 point above average, and that was enough for victory.

Gasoline led Jurassic Ranchers this week, gaining 10 points. With Bluemel in the 5-way tie for first on the Red table, and Rosanne adding 7 more points, Jurassic Ranch stole second place. Mahpa led the Wranglers, gaining 9 points on the Green table, but the rest of the team struggled, and dropped to a respectable third place.

LesleyKate, Rosanne, and Spur all gained 7 points for the Vegetarians. With Tigress and Ludentottan also contributing, they are this week's champions. With all 5 of their players in first or second place on their tables, it was truly a team victory.

Carlis had her worst score this week, tied for first place on the Red table. That's not too bad for her worst week, lol. The number 1 sub this season is easily Fr3nzy. He has had strong scores for the third week in a row, winning both games this time.

Congrats to Good MOOds! Tony was back, gaining another 9 points for their team. MrPopo added another 8 points. Amethyst tied for first on the Red table. With help from all 5 players, this team has consistently had strong scores every week, and they are the league champions. Well done Waterlily, for drafting the champions.
The chart above shows the total points each player gained for their team.
The chart below shows how players did each game. The second column is our average points gained on each game we played. (5.000 = first place).
https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=11498855
Thank you all for joining in this event. I hope you had fun.
~Wreckage
Teci

Post by Teci »

Thank you for organization. Congratulations to Good MOOds :)
See you !

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”