Patch Caretaker & types of good.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
RicardoRix

Patch Caretaker & types of good.

Post by RicardoRix »

card_text wrote:Each time you use an accumulation space, if you already used another accumulation space for the same type of good that work phase, you also receive 1 vegetable.
Appnedix wrote:Types of goods: Grain and vegetables are collectively called “crops”. Wood, clay, reed, and stone are
“building resources”. Crops and building resources together constitute “resources”. Sheep, wild boar, and
cattle are “animals” (sheep and cattle are “dairy animals”). Resources, animals, and food are called “goods”
So animals are types of good. If I take sheep, and then take cow - I get a vegetable?
Before I confirm my turn I'm not getting any vegetable.
RicardoRix

Re: Patch Caretaker & types of good.

Post by RicardoRix »

Just tried to start a solo mode with all the cards, and this card is missing.
3 cards with 'Patch' in the tile, and 2 with 'care' in the title. None of them Patch Caretaker.

So I can't test it.
Lumin_S

Post by Lumin_S »

I have to agree that you have stated the most logical interpretation of this card. The implementation treats the card text as if "type of" is not included - so you only get a vegetable for taking clay then clay, or wood then wood, etc. So "type of" is redundant at best, and misleading at worst.

This is a weak excuse, but the card was never playtested with "type of" classifications in mind and would likely be considered too strong if so (and then most likely changed to end up where the implementation is now.) When it was playtested it was the only card ever to have the phrase "type of good" and this is the first time I recall anyone bringing it up.

As for not being testable in solo, that's to be expected of any 3+ or 4+ player occupation card - those being untestable in solo is an unfortunate side effect of their classification.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

OK, thanks for the clarification. Makes sense in the long run even if the wording is very loose.

So just wood + wood or clay + clay or stone + stone or food + food. I presume I get 2 vegetables total for wood+wood+wood.
Lumin_S

Post by Lumin_S »

RicardoRix wrote: 25 October 2022, 22:39 So just wood + wood or clay + clay or stone + stone or food + food. I presume I get 2 vegetables total for wood+wood+wood.
Correct.

Return to “Agricola”