Help'nd advices : traders

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Helke von Schluck

Help'nd advices : traders

Post by Helke von Schluck »

Hellow fellow tapestry players ^-^

I have a question concerning the traders civilisation.
I know some civs are not THAT good compared to others (no need to explain it, lot of threads already do it :)) BUT there is one in particular I never choose (willingly) : traders.
Could someone explain me how to use them ? I mean...

- If I put a trader token on empty map, few players would conquer it. I even saw players who explored around ONLY to dodge it x)
- If (by miracle) someone conquers a map with this trader token, I only get VP. On the worst case, I get nothing, since the dice rolled the '?, and no benefit's on the tile
- If I put the trader token on occupied tile, I only get one ressource, that is meaningless compared to the benefits we have choosing another civ.

So. Am I wrong ? Is there some miraculous ways to use this civilisation ?
Last game, I had the chance to begin as inventors, having the radio tech and have been able to get 2 new civs at turn 2. Those were traders and alchemists : 've been a little mad :lol:
Isadavaba

Re: Help'nd advices : traders

Post by Isadavaba »

Hello ! Traders were changed now, they have been through a lot of updates to make them better, like in an update they were able to remove one of the income buildings from their playmat to give them another advantage. I think it made them too strong, and now they still can remove a building from their playmat but can only place it on a opponent territory with a conquest.

Currently I think they are still strong, especially for players that really now well how to play them. You should really try them now that they are updated !

Return to “Tapestry”