El grande in real-time

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
CesareRaf

El grande in real-time

Post by CesareRaf »

Hey guys!

For the last couple of days I have been looking to play el grande in real-time and not on turns, but I cannot find 4/5 people at the same time.

I always find a person or two interested in playing at different hours, but never 3 or 4 at the same time. Do you manage to play el grande in real time?

Would you like to organize some real-time sessions to play el grande together without waiting days for the next move as in the turn-based modality?
TearsOfJupiter

Re: El grande in real-time

Post by TearsOfJupiter »

I only ever managed to find one public match-making game of El Grande on here that wasn't just me and one other player (and 2-player El Grande is not El Grande at its best). The one time a live game of four us managed to happen, we then played two more turn-based games of El Grande together. I think we realized the rarity we had. I totally agree that it's really hard to find decent-sized live games of El Grande on here. I think part of that is it's an older game, and it just isn't in the public consciousness the same way as Catan is, for example.
CesareRaf

Re: El grande in real-time

Post by CesareRaf »

We totally agree that playing El Grande in 2 is not worth the time and it ruins an otherwise really good game. I am slightly comforted by the fact that I was not the only one having this frustrating experience, but I am anyway sad for it. As you said, that is probably due to the age of the game and its lower popularity compared to other titles on the platform.

Have you kept in touch with the few heroes that played a live game of it? Would you and some of them be up to play it live again?

Return to “El Grande”