Teacher's Desk / Priest

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
George Smiley

Teacher's Desk / Priest

Post by George Smiley »

Query for Agricola players:

I have had two different situations where I question the sequencing of events on Teacher's Desk. I'll run the Teacher's Desk/Priest scenario.

Move made: Person placed on Reno+Improvement spot for reno from wood to clay.
Events to be sequenced in no particular order: (1) reno (rooms) flip wood to clay / (2) Occ / (3) Resources given from Occ / improvement played.

What do you think should be the sequence? I'm curious as to the guesses and come back with the answer. :D
Graey

Re: Teacher's Desk / Priest

Post by Graey »

The order is occ first, then renovation, then improvement. As you were in wood when the occ was played you will not receive any resources.
Lumin_S

Post by Lumin_S »

Occ has to be first, effects like Teacher's Desk "when you use" an action space were ruled to need to come before taking any of the actions provided by the space

(edit - ninja'd)
George Smiley

Post by George Smiley »

Of course, Graey/Lumin have it correct. It's a little surprising (to me at least) that the effects of the action space aren't resolved first. "When you use" is ambiguous and could imply a choice of sequence. Is the Occ first sequencing logic only used to accommodate online play ... or is it also used in, say, in-person tournaments?

Thanks!
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

George Smiley wrote: 01 November 2022, 22:11 Of course, Graey/Lumin have it correct. It's a little surprising (to me at least) that the effects of the action space aren't resolved first. "When you use" is ambiguous and could imply a choice of sequence. Is the Occ first sequencing logic only used to accommodate online play ... or is it also used in, say, in-person tournaments?

Thanks!
"To accommodate online play" ?? What do you mean ?
This is the correct timing as it was officially confirmed by publisher and designer during game developpement.
George Smiley

Post by George Smiley »

Thank you.
poltorgeist

Post by poltorgeist »

Tisaac wrote: 02 November 2022, 11:09
George Smiley wrote: 01 November 2022, 22:11 Of course, Graey/Lumin have it correct. It's a little surprising (to me at least) that the effects of the action space aren't resolved first. "When you use" is ambiguous and could imply a choice of sequence. Is the Occ first sequencing logic only used to accommodate online play ... or is it also used in, say, in-person tournaments?

Thanks!
"To accommodate online play" ?? What do you mean ?
This is the correct timing as it was officially confirmed by publisher and designer during game developpement.
My recent question is similar to this one (although the word additional might make things different). I don't understand this - to "use' an action space means to use it, not to occupy it

Edit:
I think this question is different from my own now, since the rulebook clearly states the definition of occupation cost

Return to “Agricola”