Downgrading a coin

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Bondaluh

Downgrading a coin

Post by Bondaluh »

Greetings,
by an unlucky accident I managed to downgrade my 25 coin to 22 (see attached screenshot). I'm a bit confused why this is possible. Could anyone please hint me to the according part of the rules?
Thanks in advance!
Attachments
nidavellir.png
nidavellir.png (10.12 KiB) Viewed 1424 times
sorryimlikethis

Re: Downgrading a coin

Post by sorryimlikethis »

I've seen it happen before with a 23 coin getting downgraded, never a 25 coin before mainly because there's no reason to upgrade it unless it's a misclick.

The way it works is if the coin you are trading to is not available you get the next highest coin. In this case you're trading to a 27 coin which is not available. Your opponents must have 24 and 23 so the next highest left for you is 22. You give your 25 coin back after the trade is done.

Now good luck trying to make someone do this in real life, everyone would agree common sense means you get the 25 coin back. But this is just the way it's coded and technically correct.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Bondaluh wrote: 27 April 2022, 00:13 Greetings,
by an unlucky accident I managed to downgrade my 25 coin to 22 (see attached screenshot). I'm a bit confused why this is possible. Could anyone please hint me to the according part of the rules?
Thanks in advance!
It' clearly written as the bottom of page 11 of rulebook, in the yellow box. "In the rare case where ...."
Bondaluh

Post by Bondaluh »

sorryimlikethis wrote: 27 April 2022, 05:00 never a 25 coin before mainly because there's no reason to upgrade it unless it's a misclick.
Yes, of course it was a misclick.
sorryimlikethis wrote: 27 April 2022, 05:00 Now good luck trying to make someone do this in real life, everyone would agree common sense means you get the 25 coin back. But this is just the way it's coded and technically correct.
Okay, I understand that. On the other hand, I think at least the game should warn you, because there is absolutely no sense in trying to upgrade the 25 coin. Thanks anyway!

bondaluh
FT3

Post by FT3 »

Ah, but just think how excited the other players would have been when it happened!
Palini

Post by Palini »

And with Thingvellir there sure is good reasons to make that trade...which makes it all the more interesting, imho. :D

Return to “Nidavellir”