Game Log not mentioning which card Halicarnassus took

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Naze

Game Log not mentioning which card Halicarnassus took

Post by Naze »

When playing "7 Wonders", I check the game log to see what moves other players make on certain turns to understand what is going on.
During gameplay, and replays, I notice that when the Halicarnassus player chooses to build a stage of their Wonder (in particular the ability to build a card from the discard pile), the game log only says the following:

Case A
  • [Halicarnassus Player] constructs a stage of their Wonder
or

Case B
  • [Halicarnassus Player] constructs a stage of their Wonder for X coin(s) by buying for X from [Another Player]
In Case A, this happens if the Halicarnassus player has all the resources required to build the Wonder. In Case B, this happens if the Halicarnassus player needs to spend coins to buy resource(s) from their neighbouring players.

However, in both cases, my main point is that there were no other comments/records in the game log that mentions what card the player chose and built from the discard pile (or none if they choose not to).

Another example is when the Ephesus player builds their Wonder:
  • [Ephesus Player] constructs a stage of their Wonder
  • [Ephesus Player] gains X coins from The Temple of Artemis in Ephesus
In Ephesus's case, the game log not only mentions the built the Wonder, but mentions the gaining of coins as well.

Overall, I believe when reading the game log, if Halicarnassus does build a stage of their Wonder that involves choosing a card from the discard pile and building it, the chosen card should be mentioned in the log as though the player built the card. The only way to know which card is by watching the replay of the game (last moves) to know which card got picked by the Halicarnassus player. It would be nice to see a line that says:
  • [Halicarnassus Player] constructs a stage of their Wonder
  • [Halicarnassus Player] constructs [Card Name] from the discard pile
or something similar.

What are people's thoughts about this?

Happy "7 Wonders" Gaming everyone. :)

Return to “7 Wonders”