Undo

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Devastator

Undo

Post by Devastator »

We are really enjoying Downforce. Great job on the implementation.

Feature request: an undo option for if a player selects the wrong card. To expand (but is probably less feasible), show the possible moves cars can make after a card is chosen and then allow to select different card.

This came up because we played on a random board and were not familiar with the "jump" rules. It was sort of hit and miss on if cars were allowed to jump or not.

Thanks!
voriki

Re: Undo

Post by voriki »

Still new at Downforce. One of the powers is that you can control your own car, even on another players turn. This would hinder your suggestion if his car was involved.
Lymon Flowers

Post by Lymon Flowers »

Hello

this is a popular request. :-)

Regarding this, it is a bit difficult to implement. The native undo feature of BGA can't be used there, because of the constant player turn switches. So it has to be coded manually and will not always work. For instance, if you choose a card with the first line the color of a car controlled by another player, this won't work because the active player has been changed.

But I am really thinking about this, promised!

Benjamin
vonhesperus

Post by vonhesperus »

I would like to have an Undo button if I choose the wrong "next" Color. Thx a lot
Lotu

Post by Lotu »

I will not play a game that does not have an undo button.
Lotu

Post by Lotu »

"Regarding this, it is a bit difficult to implement. The native undo feature of BGA can't be used there, because of the constant player turn switches. So it has to be coded manually and will not always work. For instance, if you choose a card with the first line the color of a car controlled by another player, this won't work because the active player has been changed."

Benjamin, you're making this harder than it is. All you need to do is remember the state of the game at the start of a player's turn. Player clicks "undo" you go back to that state. Easy-peasy.
Lymon Flowers

Post by Lymon Flowers »

@Lotu: So please implement this if you think it is easy, code is on the studio. :mrgreen:

I would more readily implement an optional confirm button that people can activate next time I can devote time on Downforce.
Nihilus

Post by Nihilus »

Check out how Castles of Burgundy let's you choose all your moves, and then hit "commit". I could envision this type of feature for selecting a card, moving cars, and then hitting commit. Obviously some details to work out, but this would remove the need for "undo" most of the time.
All7Pangaea

Post by All7Pangaea »

Agree! Downforce has so much deep strategy and little things that can make a big difference that can't always be easily seen on an electronic device, that would be very handy. I realize it may be hard to figure out or even time consuming but a confirm button would be a great asset and possibly make the games go quicker.
Phoxtrot

Post by Phoxtrot »

Yeah, if any game really needs an undo, it's this one.
(Undo available until turn is confirmed or an opponent actually performs an action during your turn because of some special power)

Return to “Downforce”