Playing an Incantation

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Moscht

Playing an Incantation

Post by Moscht »

Hello guys,
I have a question regarding when you are allowed to play an Incantation.
In the earlier days (I think before including the expansion) it was possible to play an Incantation in between your attacks (It was possible to play an Assassin, start your attack, let the Assassin attack Martyr, destroys his shield, and finally play Annihilation to finish/destroy Martyr).
For some reason this is not possible anymore (the button which allowed this was removed from the UI).
If you take a look at the official rule it says at page 6: „During their turn, the Active player can use their Mana in Phase 2 and 3 to play cards from their hand“. Where Phase 2 is the Summoning and Phase 3 the Assault. Due to this rule it should be possible to play Incantations in between you attacks because I cannot imagine for what else you would like to spend your mana in Phase 3.
Summing this up, I‘m asking myself if I’m misunderstanding the rules/ missing some point here or if this is a (temporary) implementation issue? What do you think? How do you understand the rules?
Would also be nice to get some official statement for clarification here ;)

Thank you in advance!

Moscht
Kayvon

Re: Playing an Incantation

Post by Kayvon »

I noticed this as well. The rule book from the latest Kickstarter campaign says incantations may only be played during phase 2.

Not sure if the earlier imlplementation was erroneous or if the rules have changed, but it does speed up play.
GrammesEdition

Post by GrammesEdition »

We changed the rules of the game last April regarding Incantations (page 5). However, on page 6, we forgot to fix the rule. In the next update, we will remove the mention of phase 3 to spend its mana.
xmontof

Post by xmontof »

Donc le jeu sur BGA n'est pas mis à jour?
aleksong

Post by aleksong »

Si, il est à jour : il n'est plus possible de faire une incantation après le démarrage de l'assaut.

Return to “Clash of Decks”