Game score vs game stat figures

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
1Ghost

Game score vs game stat figures

Post by 1Ghost »

Hope this isn't a stupid question. When I tally the game stat scoring, it doesn't match the final score of the game. What am I missing? And are points given or taken for the length of time you take to make a move? Loving this game. Brand new to it thanks to a friend.
1Ghost

Re: Game score vs game stat figures

Post by 1Ghost »

I forgot to mention it was a basic game with no expansions.
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

You posted this twice in an hour and neither time explicitly stated which "stat" you are referring to. The stat "thinking time" is related to how long you took to make moves. But I don't know how you were trying to tally thinking time, if that's what you're even referring to.
1Ghost

Post by 1Ghost »

I am referring to all the stats at the end of the game further down the page (except thinking time because I don't know if there are points related to it. It doesn't look like it). Tallying my opponents point from the box below the final game. Example: Cities 16, Roads 26, Monasteries 13 etc....when I count the points from the game stats (not the side bar) they don't match my or my opponents final scores.
1Ghost

Post by 1Ghost »

Screenshot 2022-11-06 125651.png
Screenshot 2022-11-06 125651.png (101.37 KiB) Viewed 521 times
Ez0ah

Post by Ez0ah »

Freespirited wrote: 06 November 2022, 18:53 I am referring to all the stats at the end of the game further down the page (except thinking time because I don't know if there are points related to it. It doesn't look like it).
Statistics aren’t always there to detail points, they can provide other infos. For example, here, placed meeples don’t bring you point at the end of the game, but it’s a good indication whether you tend to build large structures or complete a lot of small ones.
Sometimes, points from statistics can overlap (although I don’t think it’s the case here with Carcassonne). For example, if there was a stat for how many points you got with roads longer than 5 sections, it would overlap with the stat « points from roads ».
So you need to pay attention to what each stat actually describes and see how it factors in your final score.
1Ghost

Post by 1Ghost »

Doh. Didn't even notice I was including the placed meeples and remaining meeples count in the tally. Appreciate your reply. Thanks!

Return to “Carcassonne”