Are the expansion coming?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Metilprednisona

Are the expansion coming?

Post by Metilprednisona »

Can we enjoy the expansion in bga at some point?

Thanks in advance.
Mogri

Re: Are the expansion coming?

Post by Mogri »

An expansion for this game does not currently exist, so it's hard to say.
Metilprednisona

Post by Metilprednisona »

It is announced in the last Spielbox number: "Leaders of the New Dawn".

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2944746/news-expansion
turtler7

Post by turtler7 »

There is no immediate plan to add the expansion. Nor the advanced factions. That could change at any time but isn’t something you should expect to see.

The advanced factions require a lot of edge case programming for possible timing issues and unique abilities combined with unique techs. That complexity pales in comparison to the expansion, The expansion main feature is all about each player getting 2 of 20 possible unique powers that all have their own rules and many that interact with other techs and new techs in ways that make programming much more difficult. A human can figure out how to resolve two things that might compete for priority pretty easily but a computer needs to be painstakingly be given scripts for each combination. Nothing would make me happier than seeing it here though,

Sincerely,
Expansion codesigner,
rexroom

Post by rexroom »

Can we expect to see more balanced cards in the BGA version? I see the expansion has more rebalanced cards than what the current BGA option has.
turtler7

Post by turtler7 »

rexroom wrote: 03 February 2023, 08:36 Can we expect to see more balanced cards in the BGA version? I see the expansion has more rebalanced cards than what the current BGA option has.
There are 4 rebalanced cards and all of them are in the BGA version under updated techs option. Being able to test it here was very helpful for confirming the change was worth making.
Andrew Davidson

Post by Andrew Davidson »

I played Leaders of the New Dawn again yesterday and it's quite impressive how the expansion improves the game. In our play group, it seems to make competing for the planets more common and interesting. Without the expansion, it just seemed to be a race up the tech tree and that soon got tired.

In yesterday's game, I played the Disciples of the Cosmic Tabernacle with a Ruthless Colonizer as leader (and an Astrochemist). The Ruthless Colonizer badly wanted 61 Cygni but every time we moved ships there, the others piled in with even more. But we did eventually get it and ruthlessly exploited it. This also provided a good opportunity for banter about the infamous Runts!

Return to “Beyond the Sun”