Blocking variant and Jump variant would spice this bad boy up bigtime

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
mrbass

Blocking variant and Jump variant would spice this bad boy up bigtime

Post by mrbass »

blocking variant just means you can't stop while on the same progress level as another player so it forces you to keep rolling. It's frustration galore

jumping variant just means you auto skip ahead if you land on the same progress level as another player and this appeals to the casual crowd and speeds up this game quite a bit

those are official variants...now below I'm not sure if it's official or not but worth looking into

# of markers is something also that could add variety and easy to implement 2 to 5

5 progress markers sounds crazy but with blocking variant it's not as easy as ya think

required columns to win
2p from 2 to 6 columns
3p from 2 to 4 columns
4p from 2 to 3 columns

easily tested on any phone out there Can't Stop game and it's such a blast.
FT3

Re: Blocking variant and Jump variant would spice this bad boy up bigtime

Post by FT3 »

That jumping variant sounds lethal if you stop on the 2 or 12! 😅

I take it you can jump multiple counters at once if a few players are on the same column?
mrbass

Post by mrbass »

all I can say is check out the game on iOS...it's hard for me to play without blocking variant ever again. Way more exciting and more tension.
SquashEngineer

Post by SquashEngineer »

I saw a custom board in the pictures that looked like it allowed transferring between lines (mountain climber character), if you fall behind significantly. I was thinking of adding this to my homemade custom board. Like halfway up the seven track, there would be a gate that would allow you to shift all your progress so far over to line six or eight. I'm still mulling over the criteria required to conduct the shift. A few other random gates could be added throughout the board (not too many).

Thoughts?

Return to “Can't Stop”