Can we please have an Undo option?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Affensohn

Can we please have an Undo option?

Post by Affensohn »

It is so frustrating to spend hours of play just to find out that you transferred terrain 2 steps in the wrong direction or that you concluded "Umwandeln" means using just spades from those purple magic pills and NOT GETTING RID OF 3 OF YOUR VALUABLE WORKERS on top.

Why can't we have an Undo option like in Tzolk'in?
Ranior

Re: Can we please have an Undo option?

Post by Ranior »

Terra Mystica does have a robust undo option.

You can set your personal preference. Set your end of turn conversions setting to "always" and you will always get prompted at the end of your turn with an undo option (along with the power conversion options) before hitting confirm turn.

Furthermore, I will point out that most of those spade actions ask you to hit confirm and tell you what you're spending. I get wanting an undo as you can make mistakes, but also just slow down a little and pay attention to what it is saying before confirming the spade request in the first place should reduce the need for undos.
Affensohn

Post by Affensohn »

Ranior wrote: 14 November 2022, 22:26 Furthermore, I will point out that most of those spade actions ask you to hit confirm and tell you what you're spending. I get wanting an undo as you can make mistakes, but also just slow down a little and pay attention to what it is saying before confirming the spade request in the first place should reduce the need for undos.
Maybe it's the German translation then. There's Umwandeln+Bauen and Umwandeln, which lets you build (+Bauen) as well, always assuming you're happy to spend further 3 workers for the missing transition step instead of just stopping after your free spades. There's some minor buttons I should have pushed, I know, but we're not talking about beginners' mistakes, we're talking about my 19th game on this platform!
GEO500

Post by GEO500 »

The only lack of undoes in the current implementation are selection of starting hexes and bonus tiles during player setup. Outside of those 2 incredibly isolated actions, the entire remainder of this game is undoable, so I hope you haven't given up and continued past game 20.

Return to “Terra Mystica”