Ties In Arena Mode

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
bbrriiaann42

Ties In Arena Mode

Post by bbrriiaann42 »

Lately, I've had multiple people offer to quit a game before the final play if it is about to be a tie, saying that a tie counts as a loss for both players. Is that correct? I don't know how rankings are calculated (and kinda don't care, I'm just playing for a quick game because I don't want to read or be productive).

Is it really advantageous to quit a game that's about to be a tie?
Jellby

Re: Ties In Arena Mode

Post by Jellby »

Not as far as I know. A tie is a "small win" for the lower ranked player and a "small loss" for the higher ranked. It counts as a "non win" for the purpose of stats and streaks, and in any case abandoning because you don't like the outcome is cheating.
bbrriiaann42

Post by bbrriiaann42 »

Yeah, that’s what I thought across the board. It doesn’t make sense for it to be two losses.

I accidentally abandoned one game because I clicked the wrong thing. People who want to game the system on a for-fun board game site are……….a special class.
Two-Sheds

Post by Two-Sheds »

I recently had someone propose to abandon at the beginning of the match because he didn't like his initial setup :lol:

Return to “Lucky Numbers”