Family growth breed option greyed out

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
danielvictor

Family growth breed option greyed out

Post by danielvictor »

Hi.I am unable to use the family growth action shown on the early rounds,as the breed option is greyed out.I have only two dwarves and have built a simple dwelling.One of the dwarves seems to be in the simple dwelling,but I cannot move it.In any case,I should have room for the extra dwarf.I cannot already have performed the breed action,or it would no longer be my turn.
danielvictor

Re: Family growth breed option greyed out

Post by danielvictor »

It seems to show me as having two dwarves and a baby,but it is still saying it is my turn.Restarting the turn seems to have no effect and I am wary of passing and losing my second move.
danielvictor

Post by danielvictor »

Eventually,I passed.I still seem to have the baby dwarf,but the space is showing as unoccupied.TBF,the game is still in beta.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

danielvictor wrote: 11 November 2022, 20:27 Hi.I am unable to use the family growth action shown on the early rounds,as the breed option is greyed out.I have only two dwarves and have built a simple dwelling.One of the dwarves seems to be in the simple dwelling,but I cannot move it.In any case,I should have room for the extra dwarf.I cannot already have performed the breed action,or it would no longer be my turn.
I think you are just confusing breeding animal and having babies in the game, no ?
danielvictor

Post by danielvictor »

That did occur to me,but one of the options that appeared when I clicked on the space was 'breed'.Pretty sure I did click on that space - I've no way of going back and checking.Anyway,now the game has stopped working - the next player can't get a response when he clicks on a selection.Perhaps I tried to restart my turn too many times.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

danielvictor wrote: 12 November 2022, 01:10 That did occur to me,but one of the options that appeared when I clicked on the space was 'breed'.Pretty sure I did click on that space - I've no way of going back and checking.Anyway,now the game has stopped working - the next player can't get a response when he clicks on a selection.Perhaps I tried to restart my turn too many times.
Please make him create a bug report then with the table number.
danielvictor

Post by danielvictor »

I've consulted with friends,and apparently it's not [exactly] a bug.It's what happens at the end of a harvest page.The system asks you to 'take an action',and you see a breed option which will be greyed out if you don't have a pair of farm animals - although you can still buy an animal if you have a ruby and may then be able to breed. It's not at all clear that that's what the system wants at that point,and some sort of clarification would be nice. I had played feast for Odin,where the main-game moves are called 'actions',and if you pass you lose the rest of your turn.
Anyway,I did cause a glitch by restarting my turn too many times.

Return to “Caverna”