Amazing teammates!

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Wreckage

Amazing teammates!

Post by Wreckage »

We were on mission 11, where the captain chooses another player to be silent. I was the first player after the captain, so I was chosen.

The Tasks

My hand
We won this mission!!! Looking at my hand this looks impossible, even if I could communicate. The captain chose Y5, I chose B2, and ended up taking it with a green card on the 9th trick.

I would like to share in taking credit for this, but I was never in control of any of it. Just good partners that recognized a situation, played perfectly, and had luck on our side. It's not likely I could take any trick, let alone a specific task.

Thank you Lucy Grey, Seipora, and Ghostthinker, for playing so well. :)
robinzig

Re: Amazing teammates!

Post by robinzig »

Wow, that's incredible. Did you other players manage to clear the green suit and preserve the 2 to get you back in when the suit was set up? If so very lucky that the precious 2 didn't fall singleton or doubleton in one of the early rounds.

But whatever the luck involved, that's certainly some great play there to set that up - especially without being able to communicate! Great story, thanks for sharing. I love this game and I like seeing more discussion :D
Wreckage

Re: Amazing teammates!

Post by Wreckage »

One player communicated only high blue cards. So, as the 9, 8, 7, were led, the player with my task held it back. Luckily they were 4 cards deep in blue. Green suit was played once, and then the last remaining high green card was discarded while we played blues. So when G2 was led the player with my B2 took the risk of playing it, and my greens were highest left in that suit.

I was very surprised to win this.

Return to “The Crew: The Quest for Planet Nine”