Some needed additions/changes

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Bender2912

Some needed additions/changes

Post by Bender2912 »

First of all.
This is an awesome implementation of the boardgame.

It would be great to get the new monuments into the game because they are much fairer than those redicoulous strong old ones which directly act like two flipped tiles and the fame buff.

Also pls implement the new passing option which also dan hallagan, the designer prefers because it makes passing a more viable option and not a penalty.

Also, Dan explained you can play guests which have a negative favour (like the american ladys with -3 fame but + money even you are at 0 fame). In the moment this is not possible here.

Keep up the awesome work. I still enjoy playing it here.
tgmcduff

Re: Some needed additions/changes

Post by tgmcduff »

Also pls implement the new passing option which also dan hallagan, the designer prefers because it makes passing a more viable option and not a penalty.
I also would like to see the new Passing Option implemented that provides the option to Hire Servants when you pass.

It would be nice if we could have a pop up near the servants' area that displays the help card which describes each servant and who they can stand in for. Unfortunately, the player provided by the rules below references the New Passing Option which allows players to Hire Servants when you pass. That led me to believe passing had been fixed to include that. So I was disappointed when I chose to pass and wasn't allowed to Hire Servants.

Otherwise, great implementation. Love this game! Obsession is my new obsession.
jaffacakes

Post by jaffacakes »

Please also implement a reasonable "undo" option. As long as new information has not been revealed, there is no reason that a player shouldn't be able to undo. Sometimes it's hard to do all the housekeeping with scrolling up and down, and a small click or math error can have dire consequences. BTW, this applies to literally every BGA game, too. Undo should always be an option with no new info revealed.

Other than that, really great adaptation of this wonderful game. Can't wait to see the expansions!
Joseph2302

Post by Joseph2302 »

+1 for the new passing option (you can hire servants when you pass). Right now, you have to spend 2 turns- 1 to pass, and 1 to hire servants- and game is much better if you have the extra action
lliwedd

Post by lliwedd »

At present when you're invited to buy an improvement, all of the tiles in the market are highlighted, and then if you try to buy one you can't afford, you get an error message. It would be quite nice if only the ones you could actually afford were highlighted.

Return to “Obsession”