ELO

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Vandaley

ELO

Post by Vandaley »

Am I alone in wanting a system where I can lose ELO?
ufm

Re: ELO

Post by ufm »

And make players abandon losing games? No.
nccc

Post by nccc »

U can try playing hanabi, and see what happens LOL
Vandaley

Post by Vandaley »

I do play Hanabi, and am happy to lose lost games.
Vandaley

Post by Vandaley »

The Hanabi thing is actually exactly what I want. I want to make it to Kings and get close, but lose and still gain a little ELO if you are not a high rated player. I get there is a toxicity to many Hababi players, but just gaining ELO non-stop is pretty silly with the amount gained in a win.

If you do play Hanabi and hate people who abandon non-30 games, join this group https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=9749982 you an join games with only other players who will not abandon.
ufm

Post by ufm »

You may want it but many (if not most of) others don't.
Just look at the bug reports from co-op games with ELO reduction.
Earthboundia

Post by Earthboundia »

Vandaley wrote: 30 December 2022, 20:08 The Hanabi thing is actually exactly what I want. I want to make it to Kings and get close, but lose and still gain a little ELO if you are not a high rated player. I get there is a toxicity to many Hababi players, but just gaining ELO non-stop is pretty silly with the amount gained in a win.

If you do play Hanabi and hate people who abandon non-30 games, join this group https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=9749982 you an join games with only other players who will not abandon.
I think you are in the minority. I think I've red thumbed more people in Hanabi than every other BGA game put together. If you have ELO on the line then people will be more competitive, if they added it to regicide chances are it would descend into Hanabi games where players will quit rather than risk losing ELO or get really aggressive from a move that they deem "bad".
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Earthboundia wrote: 31 December 2022, 18:55 I think you are in the minority. I think I've red thumbed more people in Hanabi than every other BGA game put together. If you have ELO on the line then people will be more competitive, if they added it to regicide chances are it would descend into Hanabi games where players will quit rather than risk losing ELO or get really aggressive from a move that they deem "bad".
So? What is the problem? People who don't care about it can play in training mode. Having an ELO score which just increases with every play is useless (and not ELO). If some kind of meaningful ELO is not wanted, why not make the game (and every other cooperative game) training-mode-only?
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

Jellby wrote: 31 December 2022, 21:51 So? What is the problem? People who don't care about it can play in training mode. Having an ELO score which just increases with every play is useless (and not ELO). If some kind of meaningful ELO is not wanted, why not make the game (and every other cooperative game) training-mode-only?
Elo is visible at the start of the game, and give a good amount of the experience of the player.
Number of games played isn't visible at the start of the game, and give too a good amount of the experience of the player.

Combining the two have some extra work.
Vandaley

Post by Vandaley »

If you do not lose ELO it seems like it should just be +1 per win, maybe plus a small bit more for harder settings. Many coop games operate this way.
Last edited by Vandaley on 03 January 2023, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Regicide”