Evaluate Research bonuses - help needed

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Great_Martini

Evaluate Research bonuses - help needed

Post by Great_Martini »

I'm looking for some help here. I'm a first-time player of Lost Ruins of Arnak. It's my turn on this table: boardgamearena.com/9/arnak?table=269412328.
I have the instruction "You must evaluate research bonuses", and the only option on the command line is "Undo". I have no idea at all what to click on to do this "evaluation". I'm reduced to clicking everywhere to get some sort of reaction, but either I get a "you can't do this" message, or I get a BGA error (Unexpected error: BGA service error (reference: GS9 10/06 10:08:16)) - I don't know if this is a bug (in which case I'll log it on the bug forum), or whether I am just missing something. Would appreciate some advice please. Thanks
T72on1

Re: Evaluate Research bonuses - help needed

Post by T72on1 »

By doing research, you get to choose an assistant. So you have to click on the one you want, at the bottom right of the player board.
Great_Martini

Post by Great_Martini »

As simple as that! Groan - I have a lot to learn about this game. Thanks T72on1 - that's done the trick!
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

You are welcome. It's a great game. My new favourite actually, as I just recently discovered it myself. Currently playing the physical version, solo, a lot. Great fun.
Zadantur

Post by Zadantur »

Further to this.
I'm playing in a game right now with the same problem.
I have one "tapped" assistant and one available.
Only the available one is selectable. It slows me to buy an artifact/item at a discount.
I select it and it tells me to select a card to buy, but all the cards have a red border and the message "Cannot buy an artifact at this time" pops up.
There's no way to cancel it if the action I can see, and this send the only path that I can follow, so I'm stuck mid-turn

Return to “Lost Ruins of Arnak”