Play against computer

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
cheni007

Play against computer

Post by cheni007 »

When do we get to play against a computer because sometimes i just want to play alone..
SwHawk

Re: Play against computer

Post by SwHawk »

This is impossible on BGA. Developers are not supposed to code IAs for their game.
Jamestown246

Post by Jamestown246 »

I second this. When I'm learning a new game, and there's no way to play single player on training mode (which is a real mixed bag and doesn't really teach you what actual gameplay is like in a lot of cases) the only option is to subject someone to long wait times while you figure things out. Yes, I go through tutorials and watch videos, but sometimes you just want to play against a computer a few times until you have a grasp on strategy, especially the really involved games.

And some days I'm really just more impatient and don't want to wait for a slower player on games I love.

I also rarely play with more than one person at a time on my friends list and it would be helpful to add a third autoplayer instead of dealing with a stranger when we want to play games with a three player minimum.
Daanando

Post by Daanando »

cheni007 wrote: 03 November 2022, 09:49 When do we get to play against a computer because sometimes i just want to play alone..
Though of course BGA should be your main place for great multiplayer CATAN... there are places on the web where computer opponents are readily available. Say you're on the WWW. You'd want to be a Colonist. IO (Inputs/outputs) it's all very intuitive. And free with ads.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Jamestown246 wrote: 23 November 2022, 22:35When I'm learning a new game, and there's no way to play single player on training mode (which is a real mixed bag and doesn't really teach you what actual gameplay is like in a lot of cases) the only option is to subject someone to long wait times while you figure things out.
You can play a hotseat game against yourself.

Return to “Catan”