Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
sesc

Mail problems

Post by sesc »

Hi.

I just noticed that at the top of the page here I have a banner notifying me about problems sending me mails. My mail provider is GMX.
On the banner I can click to get me details of the mail reject. It says:

Received from your email service provider (timezone is Western Europe - CET/CEST):
Nov 23 20:43:25 localhost postfix/error[2596]: 46543E07F1: to=<####@gmx.de>, relay=none, delay=0.01, delays=0/0/0/0, dsn=4.0.0, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: host mx00.emig.gmx.net[212.227.15.9] refused to talk to me: 421-gmx.net (mxgmx003) Nemesis ESMTP Service not available 421-Service unavailable 421-Reject due to policy violations. 421 For explanation visit https://www.gmx.net/mail/senderguidelin ... 226&c=poli)
(the #### was my correct mail address, obviously I redacted it here for privacy reasons)

I have received mails from BGA a few days ago, but a test mail is no longer coming through. I can receive mails from other senders without noticing problems. Has BGA changed something lately? What can I do to receive mails again?
SK51

Re: Mail problems

Post by SK51 »

I have the same thing. I'm with ionos.

AFAICT, BGA sent out a general email to all the registered users about Memoir '44. However, there are so many dead email accounts at the ISP end, the ISPs have effectively blacklisted BGA as a spam engine!

I guess BGA need to clear out the dead email addresses. Not trivial perhaps

Paul
pitdaserste

Post by pitdaserste »

same here, I even changed the email adress, nut no testmail coms through. I chacked the spam folder, there nothing either.
Maybe its a problem with BGA itself and not our mails?
sepasch

Post by sepasch »

The same here. Both providers
Ionos and GMX got Problems with boardgamesarena as sender.
I will open a Bug-Report
sepasch

Post by sepasch »

sepasch

Post by sepasch »

At the moment, i receive the mails again.
xate

Post by xate »

Thank you all for reporting this issue here and by writing to support. We are aware of it and working with the affected email providers to resolve the issue blocking approximately 1/3 of our emails to gmx and web.de. In the meantime if you are worried about receiving emails from BGA, we recommend changing the email address attached to your account.

Return to “Discussions”