Navigating UI

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Ricky2017

Navigating UI

Post by Ricky2017 »

I have only recently played a few games of terra in person (also 2 or 3 successful BGA games). Absolutely love the game. But I feel I missed the gravy train here.

Learing how all the different factions play is hard. But even harder is navigating the UI in a with the timer. I have figured out some of it. Like, power conversions or priest track. But still many actions are not intuitive. For instance, I know I can claim a favor tile, But where and how to do that is a complete mystery. Or, in person terraforming is easy. But how to do it with the UI is not. To rub salt in the wound I get expelled for timing out and take a massive karma hit as a result. It kinda makes me not want to learn how to play a new game.

Anyone else in the same boat? Please let me know. Then we can use the slow timer and figre it out sometime.
Alloran

Re: Navigating UI

Post by Alloran »

If you are having trouble figuring out how to use the UI during real-time games, why don't you just play an asynchronous game? Then your timer will be on the order of multiple days rather than just a few minutes, but the UI will be the same.
Ranior

Re: Navigating UI

Post by Ranior »

Also, you can choose to not join fast timer setting games when you're learning the game.

I agree it can take some time to figure out the UI, although that's also why BGA gives you extra thinking time during your initial play. I get you might not learn all the intricacies your first time, but it should at least let you get mostly familiar with what to do so you aren't running in to big thinking time issues.

With all that said, don't let the karma hit get you too down. It's relatively easy to get your karma back up, you just play games and it washes away rapidly. Nobody should care much about players that have minimal karma penalties, the system really is there to let other players see who the consistent and flagrant offenders are.

Return to “Terra Mystica”