How do we reach BGA staff to request a review of a karma penalty?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Kruszer

How do we reach BGA staff to request a review of a karma penalty?

Post by Kruszer »

Sorry if there's a clear "Contact us" form somewhere, but I'm not finding it. I have a double karma penalty (incurred because I had a previous time-out from expulsion a day prior) when BGA itself refused to fully load my game. I heard the chime go off that it was my turn to play but it was frozen on the launch graphic and red error messages kept filling the screen. I took a screenshot of it, the wall full of error messages. Is there any way that I can send it to someone who works for BGA and ask them to remove the last penalty?

My karma has never been so low and it's entirely not my fault. I had lost 10 points in the first incident and went into the new game expecting to quickly win the points back with ten quick games. Instead I incurred a drop of 20 points on top of the previous 10, and it's because of a site error that I couldn't control.
Carolinemgm

Re: How do we reach BGA staff to request a review of a karma penalty?

Post by Carolinemgm »

Just above, written in red, there is a link to a post explaining how to challenge a moderation :
https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=119756
Kruszer

Post by Kruszer »

Well, a karma penalty that's automatically incurred isn't a moderation. Moderation is when you get dinged for bad words or for telling off another player.
Carolinemgm

Post by Carolinemgm »

Well it is kind an automatic moderation and the procedure seems to be the only way to reach the admins so unless you find another way you an give it a try.
Or the other way may be to create a bug report (as it seems you experimented a bug) or find if there is one corresponding to your problem and ask on this report.
Osnofaac

Post by Osnofaac »

most likely you will recover the karma before you get an answer. As long as you play within time and don't get kicked, you recover it easily.
Kaladry

Post by Kaladry »

On the bottom of the page you can click Contact Us > My Account > Reputation & Karma > Karma Issues > My problem has not been solved and then you get a form to input.

More likely than not the unhelpful moderators will say, “too bad that’s how it works, go read the FAQ” and do absolutely nothing to assist you even if the FAQ doesn’t address your specific issue.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

'ctrl+f5' to reload many things on the page.
If a module is missing i think f5 will not work but ctrl+f5 will.

And btw while your karma is >70% you have 0 drawback so it's fine.

Return to “Discussions”