-Counting scoring immediately

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
The__Nick

-Counting scoring immediately

Post by The__Nick »

Is it possible to have the score count add up all scores immediately? Or have a module that shows a running count?
All sources of scoring are public information, but cards have these tiny tiny tiny bits of text that hide the fact that some colonies are worth up to 7 points. While some points are scored immediately and others are scored later, asynchronous games and also tiny tiny text make keeping track of some of these confusing despite the information being public.
faintpremonition

Re: -Counting scoring immediately

Post by faintpremonition »

I agree. It's a case of RAW scoring the cards at the end, but for gameplay purposes the score should present Tau Ceti and other ? planets as they go. I don't know if the mod is capable of scoring those sources dynamically however. Maybe you just have to keep in mind that if another experienced player looks like he's lagging, to check for (?) points.
The__Nick

Post by The__Nick »

in addition to the above, it seems that the points from "Events" cards shows up in the total score but isn't marked anywhere. You should have a mark or a pop-up for that so it's easier to count up where you are getting your points for, as some people will check this to learn the game better.
DrDougND

Post by DrDougND »

The__Nick wrote: 24 June 2022, 01:32 Is it possible to have the score count add up all scores immediately? Or have a module that shows a running count?
All sources of scoring are public information, but cards have these tiny tiny tiny bits of text that hide the fact that some colonies are worth up to 7 points. While some points are scored immediately and others are scored later, asynchronous games and also tiny tiny text make keeping track of some of these confusing despite the information being public.
Yeah, I just lost a game solely due to sneaky end game point tallies on 3 different cards written in tiny print. So I understand how you feel. I thought I had the game wrapped up, and then Boom, 12 sneaky points later and I lost. Would’ve been nice if I saw it coming.
NothingLeftToChoose

Post by NothingLeftToChoose »

It's a convenience that the online version of the game keeps any kind of running track of scoring at all. When you play the actual board game, you don't get a running tally unless you are hyper-analytical about every little detail of what everybody is doing. That takes the fun out of the game. I don't want to play against players who base their moves simply on trying to win by one point. It's an exploration game, not Futbol.
The real version of the game only exists in the physical board game anyway, since it gives you the option to play the advanced version, where you actually have to use strategy and not just the luck of randomly getting the right cards. The online version has already had it's techs and rules nerf'd to try to create the "win by one point" parity, so if you only play it to win, why play Beyond the Sun at all?
The__Nick

Post by The__Nick »

That takes the fun out of the game. I don't want to play against players who base their moves simply on trying to win...
Well, sounds like somebody is trying to win a Hot Take contest.

Return to “Beyond the Sun”