Confirmation of cards reserved by opponents

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
bousi

Confirmation of cards reserved by opponents

Post by bousi »

When checking the cards my opponent has reserved,I feel inconvenient that I have to scroll through the log on the side every time.
For example, could it be improved so that when I click on the design of a reserve card, jump to the log of the turn kept it?
fruktansvärt

Re: Confirmation of cards reserved by opponents

Post by fruktansvärt »

In the physical game, you can't see what cards other players have reserved. So really, the reseved card should only be visible in the log until the next turn of the player that reserved it.
BillFraser

Post by BillFraser »

On the other hand, when playing the physical game, you probably aren't trying to track 10 games simultaneously over multiple days..... ;)
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

BillFraser wrote: 21 November 2022, 08:32 On the other hand, when playing the physical game, you probably aren't trying to track 10 games simultaneously over multiple days..... ;)
Agreed. Several games here are programmed slightly differently because of this, and because of the difference between turn-based and real-time, the latter (almost) always being the way a physical game is played. For example, in Dungeon Twister, played combat cards are supposed to be hidden after they have initially been played. But because everyone will track them down in the game log anyway, it's not hidden information here at BGA.

Also, I haven't found a way to see which card an opponent reserved when playing on a mobile device. So in that case I'm clueless until I play from a pc again and remember to track back in the game log. Quite fiddly.

Also, it seems we are playing this game the wrong way when doing the physical version, as we always play our reserved cards open, not closed :/ .
chunchun

Post by chunchun »

Depends on model, it's unable to check game log from smartphone.

For now, reserved cards are shown face-down, and it's following actual rule, but how about
showing reserved cards face-up?
(except for cards reserved from top of the deck)

We might play many games at once as turn-based game, so I think it will be comfortable if we can check reserved cards easily.
Fletcheese

Post by Fletcheese »

chunchun wrote: 25 November 2022, 20:07 For now, reserved cards are shown face-down, and it's following actual rule, but how about
showing reserved cards face-up?
(except for cards reserved from top of the deck)
I am a huge proponent of making all trackable info like this into face-up public info. Especially on BGA where it's tediously accessible from a log. However it probably won't ever happen because people will say "it's not true to the game"

Return to “Splendor”