Set preferred pace at the player level

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
capnemo-1734

Set preferred pace at the player level

Post by capnemo-1734 »

I don't know if others are like me in that when you look for a table you have a preferred pace. I usually look at 1 to 2 moves a day tables. So I was thinking it'd be useful to set a min and max pace on my profile and have it applied to tables when I browse. This way, the tables available to me reflect my preferred pace and I'm not left to open each game with some availability and visually sort through the tables.

Something in the interface could make it crystal clear you're viewing another layer of filtering and allow you to toggle it off/on.
pugsworth

Re: Set preferred pace at the player level

Post by pugsworth »

Yes this would be great, good idea. :-)
MrBeardy

Post by MrBeardy »

Agreed. More customisable filtering would be useful, also by game expansion type, number of players etc. That way you could just see what you're after. Rftg is a pain if you just want to play a certain expansion. You see everything.
Ninolia

Post by Ninolia »

I posted a similar suggestion long ago, formulated a bit differently - something like this:
Add personal filters on game lobby so I do not have to scroll through a zillion games I do not want to join.
Perhaps most importantly on game speed, but also on experience levels allowed, %reputation limits etc.
(Really don't like that 85% is the highest limit, I want 100%. Hate quitters. Forced to be last player to join)
This is especially helpful for loyal players that like many different games.
As is, it is an utterly awful lobby user experience if you have many favorite games and very few game instances you want to join.
I was forced to un-favorite some games to make it manageable.
Now I cannot even find how to un-favorite a game. Makes this even more urgent.
Ah, now I see MrBeardy proposed much of the same.

Return to “Suggestions”