Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Een

Re: Future BGA Lobby: we need testers

Post by Een »

Respublik wrote: 10 November 2022, 06:06
Een wrote: 09 November 2022, 08:53 We have just made a change (viewtopic.php?p=125751#p125751) following feedback that loading times for players who played a lot of games had become really huge. This was due to the "other games you know section" containing too many games.
Perhaps you could include the option to manually delete games from the Other games you know list, and, furthermore, the option to add games to the list even if you haven't played them, rather than only being able to add these to favorites.
As the subject and first post of this thread indicates, a new lobby is being worked on.
What this implies is that the current lobby page is in "sunset" mode, subject to maintenance actions only. Also, lots of people posting in this forum seem to think that every feature they want is easy to do; most of the time, it's not, and just like in a worker/resource placement game, we have a finite number of workers/resources available.
JCase16

Post by JCase16 »

Do you still need testers?
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

I would LOVE if there was the option to grey out all the game images on that page. At the moment, it's a big garish mess to me and I really can't see anything properly, as it's a visual overload.

I'd imagine a monochrome display would take less time to load too.

I really don't find the game page helpful at all as it is. None of the categories (except Recently Played) I could filter by are useful to me, partly because I disagree with so many of BGA's judgements (about what makes a good TB game, the strategic weight of some games, ideal player counts). Something much simpler like 'games I love', 'games I know', 'games I want to try', with all the other categories and recommendations stripped away, would be perfect for me.

But I fear BGA wants shininess over functionality now.
Sheba-leila

Post by Sheba-leila »

ist ja alles gut und schön was die admin. sagen aber ich bin entverbraucher. mich intereessieren ihre probleme mit entwickeln und kosten überhaupt nicht . ich zahle nur für ein produkt von dem ich überzeugt bin und seit asmodee die seite übernommen hat passiert nicht zur verbesserung . ich hab gestern morgens um 5 uhr die serverauslastungen von jedem einzelnen. die waren alle knapp am limit. was ich bis jetzt gesehen habe an verbesserung in der lobby das einmal der hintergrund ganz weiss ist dann wieder nur teilweis dann der spielename in meiner sprache dann wieder nicht. und auf der seite spiele reicht mir alle spiele und spiele die ich noch nicht spielte alles andere ist für mich ein wirr warr wenn ich was suche. und da ist es auch so
mal mit einem extra bild auf dem bild einmal ohne extra bild einmal mit streifen. für 2 jahre keine große leistung .ich persönlich habe nichts bezahlt und werde nichts bezahlen weil das mit der geschwindigkeit dem hängen und den überflüssigen ratschlägen irrelevant sind. aber das ist meine meinung.ich sehe halt auch das von den echtzeitspielern immer weniger werden und man die spieler wieder woanders trifft.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

JCase16 wrote: 22 November 2022, 02:15 Do you still need testers?
Yes we do! More tests soon :)
GeraldineMerida wrote: 22 November 2022, 08:11
I really don't find the game page helpful at all as it is. None of the categories (except Recently Played) I could filter by are useful to me, partly because I disagree with so many of BGA's judgements (about what makes a good TB game, the strategic weight of some games, ideal player counts). Something much simpler like 'games I love', 'games I know', 'games I want to try', with all the other categories and recommendations stripped away, would be perfect for me.

But I fear BGA wants shininess over functionality now.
"+ " and "Add this game to list..." is the feature you are looking for :)
JCase16

Post by JCase16 »

How do I get on the testers list?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Dear testing team,

Today starts the next test session and this time... EVERYONE of you can test this new way of starting games on BGA :)

When does it starts?
- NOW :)

How to test:
- If you did not already, join the testing group: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=12641470
- IMPORTANT: only the group members can see the new lobby!
- Go to any game page to see the new way to start a game directly from the game page.
- Start at least one game using this new lobby (would be better if you start several).

Important note:
- If you click on a link to some open table, you will be redirected to the new lobby (on game page). If you want to stop testing and get back to usual table page, this is really simple: you just have to leave the testing group (https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=12641470)

How to give your feedback:
- use this link: https://forms.gle/QNFXxKsP3XZ6BXpx5
- if you find BUGS, please post them here with "new lobby" in the title so we can find them easily: https://boardgamearena.com/bugs?game=0
- DO NOT use the forum, post comments, or anything public, in order not to influence each others: we would like your fresh eye on this.
(this is why this thread is temporarily locked)
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

... and test is starting now :)
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Dear testing team, we would like to thanks everyone of you for helping us to make this lobby better.

We would like to say a special thank you to the ones of you that participated in our planned test sessions, with super valuable feedbacks, but also the ones that provide us very useful feedback during the last week session.

The lobby is entering today its next "BETA" phase, where it is available to everyone, even if it is rather "inconspicuous" as the current lobby remains exactly where it was.

New lobby announcement: viewtopic.php?p=127466

Thanks again!

Return to “Discussions”