New lobby (integrated to game page)

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Sheba-leila

Re: New lobby (integrated to game page)

Post by Sheba-leila »

Zu große Fenster und gleich 2x groß und klein. Viel zu unruhig das ganze . Einfach unnötig überladen und mich würde interessieren was die Zeiten bedeuten bei den Geschwindigkeiten. Ist die Zeit die gesamte Zeit des Spieles oder soll das pro Zug immer die Zeit sein die zur Verfügung steht? Habe sushi go gespielt da stand schnelle Einstellung 7 min. Pro Zug oder gesamtes Spiel und wird dann wieder angezählt oder gleich ausgeschlossen. Bei noch einem kleinen Spiel waren es 14 min. Das ist nicht ihr ernst oder? Und was bei jedem spiel alles noch darunter steht ist nur unnützen platz wer sich für ein spiel interessiert sollte in der Lage sein selber danach zu suchen. Aber trotzdem doppelt und dreifach? Und die ganze Aufteilung der Spiele braucht kein Mensch. Abgesehen davon würde ich es anders aufteilen. Ich brauche auch keine Vorschläge was ich spielen kann. Sind wir im Kindergarten? Das ganze durcheinander bei den Favoriten. Alphabetische Anordnung wäre übersichtlicher zumindest als Option.
aghagh

Post by aghagh »

After a first experience: after a normal Similo game finished I suggested a rematch, which took us to the new lobby. I set the game speed to no limit and the game was changed to training mode. I modified again the game speed to normal again, but I was not able to change the game itself back to a normal game (not training). Perhaps the option was there, but I didn't see it, which means it's confusing at least. We ended up abandoning the rematch table and I created a new one from the old lobby.

An hour later I was invited to a Just One table. Then I went to the old lobby, clicked on the green icon to the left of my friends count and instead of taking me to that Just One table (the only one I was at), it took me to what looked like a new Similo table (I guess it was the one we had abandoned a while back), which I abandoned. Strange.

Edit2: additional info on the first game (it was Similo) and some rewording.
Last edited by aghagh on 01 December 2022, 07:52, edited 2 times in total.
Ankeszu

Post by Ankeszu »

How to create a rematch (specific settings and players, recurring tb I've been playing for years)? I clicked on a just ended tb game and it moved me to set settings an players again. Do I have to repeat adding specific players manually even when clicking "propose rematch"? Why???

EDIT. I was on the page for long time until I figured it probably opened the table (waiting for the other player to join). But it is totally not visible - and forces user to scroll down to see anything. Have you ever considered users on big screens? Serious question. My screen looked like this - I can't even see the name of the other player, let alone settings! And by clicking on a table I can't enter it (for example to discuss or have tab opened on a specific table instead "searching"). This is so much confusing. I don't get why "propose a rematch" does not lead to a rematch table, but to a searching tables page (even if it opened rematch table).
https://i.imgur.com/LuzjORV.png
Sheba-leila

Post by Sheba-leila »

Ich spielte 1 kleines Spiel in der neuen lobby und mir fiel auf, dass ich nicht mit jemanden spielte der wie meine Einstellung in meinem Level war sondern eins darüber. Gibt es die Option nicht mehr? Und die beiden Knöpfe spielen und beginnen haben auch unterschiedliche Funktionen. Das ist meines Erachtens sehr verwirrend.was noch komisch ist wenn man schnelle Spielzeit eingibt und danach stellt sich das nach Ende wieder auf normal und ich sehe bei den 3 Spielsachen nicht viel unterschied. 2 minuten bei längeren da können sie das gleich streichen da wartet man wieder ewig . Schnelle Spielzeit heißt bei mir zügig nicht 3 min. Wartezeit pro Zug.
vincentt

Post by vincentt »

Hi
I do like the change :)
For the players having issues, do not forget to report bugs here https://boardgamearena.com/bugs?game=0, like this you will help the BGA team processing your issues

Enjoy and congrats to the team working to ad those new features!
Shaggy4343

Post by Shaggy4343 »

I went to go start a new game that is two player -- Patchwork, in case it matters - And I had previously started to play a game with friends with my two daughters, which the system normally remembers.

I was taken to the new interface, and it did not show me playing with anybody or any visual indication that anyone was added. So I went to add my friend, and it gave me the unhelpful error I was already playing a two-player game with three people, but wouldn't show me the people or any way to fix or change it.

So then I went back to the news tab which is where I think the announcement was, only it was gone. So then I went to the homepage and couldn't find this announcement to find this forum page either.

After 5 minutes of screwing around with the interface, I finally figured that if I hit play from the homepage it would show me the old interface, I could remove my daughters and add my friend and play my game.

This is really a Microsoft quality rollout of an immature feature, and this forum is proof that there are so many bugs that it should not be forced on us.

How do I go back to the old way, completely, until you guys figure out what you're doing?
OutOfHabit

Post by OutOfHabit »

Yikes!
Changes are needed.
But this isn’t it.
It doesn’t simplify things as much as you think it does. (It still is a beast to navigate and now is extremely cluttered)

And the colors and fonts are awful.
They are childish and are awful for visibility (color contrast for accessibility or low light)

And please give an option turn off the required animations, like the magnifying glass.
Sheba-leila

Post by Sheba-leila »

sorry man bekommt ja einen augenkrebs bei den vielen farben. kann sich der gestalter nicht woanders künstlerisch austoben. ich finde es komplizierter als vorher. auf fragen bekommt man auch keine antwort. wäre ja nett gewesen. alle spiele sind durcheinander und man muß sie neu einstellen . kompliziert wenn man jedesmal eine andere reihenfolge der spiele hat . welche sind dann eingestellt andere nicht.
Harryp19

Post by Harryp19 »

The 'manual' aspect of the new lobby is not quite working out for me: While I can see the tables, when I set certain options to 'flexible', it doesn't show me what specific values of those options are active on the table, just that it 'matches my preferences', or that it doesn't match certain preferences I did set to locked. When picking a manual table, while I might have some requirements that are optional/flexible for me, I'm always interested in knowing what those options are set to before joining a table...
Silaxe

Post by Silaxe »

Plus vous "améliorez" et moins c'est pratique, comme d'habitude....

Entre ça et le reste, je suis vraiment heureux de quitter le site, merci à vous :lol:
Last edited by Silaxe on 01 December 2022, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Discussions”