Favorite Scenarios

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Wiking44

Favorite Scenarios

Post by Wiking44 »

If you could pick 2 scenarios from each theatre to be included for consideration in Arena play.
My picks are,
West Europe: 1. Mont Mouchet
2. Operation Cobra

East Europe: 1. Ponyri
2. Red Barricades

Mediterranean: 1. Hellfire Pass
2. Into the Cauldron

Pacific: 1. The Meat Grinder
2. Guam Landings

Let's see some of your favorites
PaskinsP

Re: Favorite Scenarios

Post by PaskinsP »

To be honest I could not name more than 3 scenarios by name, at all in fact

That I because during Beta, I was already searching for the competitive environment, and thus sistematically play Random scenario.

As commented in the other thread, I truly believe the best way of doing Arena is the other way round... veto unbalanced scenarios, not select a pool of valid maps (which are most).

Like that, we can also avoid players super-optimizing a couple of opening moves, and playing like that a whole season.
Improvising is key
Wiking44

Post by Wiking44 »

PaskinsP wrote: 25 November 2022, 16:03 To be honest I could not name more than 3 scenarios by name, at all in fact

That I because during Beta, I was already searching for the competitive environment, and thus sistematically play Random scenario.

As commented in the other thread, I truly believe the best way of doing Arena is the other way round... veto unbalanced scenarios, not select a pool of valid maps (which are most).

Like that, we can also avoid players super-optimizing a couple of opening moves, and playing like that a whole season.
Improvising is key
That would be easier and I'll start a post on that but still this can still be for fun just name your favorites..
MagnusNygaard

Post by MagnusNygaard »

Favorites from the various theaters:

West: Operation Cobra, Sword Beach (but the best official scenario from the West is Twin Villages https://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/e ... w/?id=3687 - which should honestly be in the "official" rotation)

East: Gates of Moscow, Red Barricades (they're all good)

Pacific: Wake Island, Meat Grinder (they're mostly all good)

Mediterranean: Hellfire Pass, Dug in at Sidi Omar (but only Hellfire Pass is truly amazing)
Waikirikiri

Post by Waikirikiri »

My favourite scenario is Montelimar.

It is an evenly balanced scenario where both sides have a reasonable chance of winning.
Both sides have infantry, armour and artillery.
There's an interesting mix of terrain and some objective medals.
MagnusNygaard

Post by MagnusNygaard »

Waikirikiri wrote: 29 November 2022, 08:49 My favourite scenario is Montelimar.

It is an evenly balanced scenario where both sides have a reasonable chance of winning.
Both sides have infantry, armour and artillery.
There's an interesting mix of terrain and some objective medals.
It's also very high on my list. And I hadn't thought about it - but it's actually one of the few starting scenarios where both sides have all three types of units.

Return to “Memoir 44”